Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Malverns
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

If I headed to the Malverns in 2 Saturdays time would it be worth it?

I’ve heard they are very busy on Weekends.

How long would you think it would take 2 pretty fit cyclists to do from the car park at Midsummers hill to North hill and back again ?

ski
    Free Member

Could be very busy, depending on the weather, local riders tend to avoid the weekends.

How long it takes you depends if you loop it or go peak to peak, not long though, you can get a lot of riding done in an morning/afternoon at Malvern.

Saying that, I am not a fast rider, few years back I had Liam Killeen do two laps to my one on that route 😉

inigomontoya
    Free Member

It can be busy on weekends, but just be polite, give way to walkers and stay off the west side of the middle hills (the paths with all the “no cycling” signs)

Should take between 2.5 to 3 hours I reckon, depending on route, you can easily make it longer though.

rOcKeTdOg

Go early (sunrise rides are special) & be finished by 0900 for a late breakfast at the new café & you’ll avoid all conflict
    http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/bagging-malvern.html?m=1

scu98rkr
    Free Member

ok cheers for the answers guys

phiiiiil

I used to be a local rider and had no trouble at all at weekends, even bank holidays. Stay off the paths right along the top, and the main ways down to the car parks, and you’ll be fine – there are loads of trails lower down on both sides of the hills that are quiet most of the time.

Speeder

I’m same a s Phil, used to be local and rode up there all the time evenings and weekends and never had a bit of bother.

Walkers are a bit like wasps – don’t hassle them and they won’t hassle you – mostly.

Good luck there’s some nice riding there.

jimster
    Free Member

As Phil & Speeder have said, and I’m local.

Get really peeved about there being aggro on the hills with walkers – basically treat as you’d like to be treated,give way to walkers, have a bit of banter with them and all’s well. If you ride like an ar5e you’ll be treated like one.

Good luck there’s some nice riding there.

No there’s not, stay away. 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Malverns’ is closed to new replies.