Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • malvern hills on nyd
  • singletracksurfer

Wondering if it’ll just be too crazy busy with walkers on new years day or if it’ll be worth an explore as I’ll be around that way.

Thanks

BlobOnAStick

Depends on the weather.

If it isn’t raining/blowing a gale then I wouldn’t go anywhere near the place. If it is, I might go really early and be on my way home by 9:30am.

jimw
    Free Member

+1 What he said

will be heaving and difficult to find anywhere to park if anything like nice day.

flyingmm

Sorry cant help with the question, but on the subject….. Next time I’m down in brum I wouldn’t mind heading out to the malverns. Do you have any GPX files to share singletracksurfer?

singletracksurfer

Thanks all. Ah Forecast to be a nice day and not sure I’ll be up too early either.
    Think i’ll take bike and maybe give it a go. Doubt I’ll be riding too fast.

Got a gpx I think. Email me.

aracer
    Free Member

Move along. Nothing to see here. Local hills for local people. I also have to agree with the comments of those above – I doubt I’ll even choose to go up there on my uni on NYD, despite not having some of the issues you get on a bike.

Though I suppose you could get routes at http://www.backontrack-bikes.com/home.html – do be sure to pop in and give Paul a bit of your money if you’re here when they’re open! Oh, and whilst the Malverns do have a reputation for being all-weather, anything but the main stone tracks (which includes a lot of the stuff in those routes, pretty much anything which is interesting, anything where you’d avoid lots of people and a lot of the stuff you’d normally expect to be OK even in the wet) is currently a muddy mess.

bails
    mboy
    Free Member

Malverns will be crawling with walkers on NYD.

If you want to tag along on a ride, I’ll be taking a group from Worcester either over to the Wyre, or the FOD (based on tomorrow’s recce of the Wyre seeing if its too wet or not).

flyingmm

Cheers guys, a couple of nice links and stsurfer ygm 🙂

singletracksurfer

Thanks for invite, advice etc. Really wanted to ride on the 1st day of the NY but think i will ride on the 2nd Jan instead then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘malvern hills on nyd’ is closed to new replies.