Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Malvern – anyone riding tomorrow AM?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Planning on coming down for the first time and using a GPS route, but if anyone's around for a show me round, be great…

Cheers

votchy
    Free Member

Nige,

beware, some of the junctions on Malvern have several exits that your GPS will point at, can be a bit hit and miss (this happened to me first time I went). Enjoy the climb from the quarry car park to the beacon, bit harsher than Clent 😀

mboy
    Free Member

What time tomorrow mate?

Can't confess to know the Malverns like the back of my hand, but I know a bit up there…

I'm also free tomorrow if you fancy it…

email is in my profile, drop me a line!

TheSwede
    Free Member

If your riding with M boy nige, may I suggest cotton wool for those long car park conversations explaining the lack of preparation and punctuality and warm layers for the long waits at the top of the climbs 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

sheldona
    Free Member

^ Wot the Swedey pie says Nigel oh and I wouldn't bother taking a bike as you'll not need it as it'll be dark by the time you leave the carpark!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Chuckles and waits for vicious texts.

bonesetter
    Free Member

😆 😯

mboy
    Free Member

PMSL

Cotton wool strictly optional

Warm layers very much compulsory! 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cotton wool mandatory. Failure to comply will result in bleeding lugs.

bonesetter
    Free Member

See you at 10-15 at Quarry CP

mboy
    Free Member

Hope you enjoyed it mate. Sorry again for making an arse of myself coming off the bike at speed!

bonesetter
    Free Member

It was class entertainment 😉

High speed down from Worcestershire Beacon and Mark missed a drop off, or rather went OTB over it. As we didn't know each other that well, I held back the belly laughter. Luckily it was on a grassy bit

Thanks for the tour – brilliant weather for it

TheSwede
    Free Member

We did try to warn you nige 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Yup, and not even a big drop off by any stretch of the imagination, perhaps only 2 foot tall. But at 20 odd mph and with no depth perception cos the grass is all the same colour, I hadn't leant back going over it, landed heavy on the front wheel, and it spat me off!

Glad I made you smile mate… Seriously, don't hold back on the laughter next time, I deserved it! What a prat… Shook me enough to hold back a bit on the downs there on in…

Just trying to MTFU enough to get in the shower to wash my wounds out right now, cos I know just how much they're gonna sting!

Yeah, beautiful weather for it though… 😀

sheldona
    Free Member

Yup, and not even a big drop off by any stretch of the imagination, perhaps only 2 foot tall. But at 20 odd mph and with no depth perception cos the grass is all the same colour, I hadn't leant back going over it, landed heavy on the front wheel, and it spat me off!

Yada yada yada, as usual not your fault………

Nige I laughed so hard sex wee came out!

TheSwede
    Free Member

🙂 🙂 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Yada yada yada, as usual not your fault………

Did I say it wasn't my fault? Should've checked my line choice before I went down it, but I didn't, and couldn't see the drop… Hence the embarassment! You've got very personal all of a sudden though, insecure perhaps? 😕

Fortunately for both of us, Nige had sensibly left enough of a gap to stop himself before doing something similar though.

sheldona
    Free Member

insecure perhaps

Yeah something like that

bonesetter
    Free Member

10.3m
    29.1 mph
    2hrs 11m (1hr 26 moving)

40mins lost somewhere 🙄 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

"fortunately for both of us" Nige can A see and B ride a bike at a suitable level as not to need parental supervision.

votchy
    Free Member

That the drop near the bottom just before the path on the long grassy autobahn? If so my first trip down there was fun but we hit it at nearer 40mph so no fear of OTB, did pucker the sphincter tho 😀

mboy
    Free Member

40mins lost somewhere

PMSL

Count yourself lucky that I only cost you 40 minutes of your life you can't get back… Others have suffered far worse! 😉

"fortunately for both of us" Nige can A see and B ride a bike at a suitable level as not to need parental supervision.

Aye, good job too… Though if by your reckoning I need parental supervision to ride a bike, you shouldn't ever be let out of the house in the first place! 😆

mboy
    Free Member

That the drop near the bottom just before the path on the long grassy autobahn? If so my first trip down there was fun but we hit it at nearer 40mph so no fear of OTB, did pucker the sphincter tho

Yup

Think I've done it quite a bit faster in the past too… And yes, gets your arse twitching like a rabbits nose one might say!

Think either more speed, or more skill was required today… Next time I'll remember to stay to the left though I imagine…

TheSwede
    Free Member

I have how learnt to pick the lock and slip the cuffs.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Malvern – anyone riding tomorrow AM?’ is closed to new replies.