Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Malta in October
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Thinking of a trip to Malta for a week in early October.
    Anyone been? What’s it like as a chilled and relaxing holiday ?

Thanks

zippykona

If you think of it as a city break rather than beach holiday you will be OK.
    Valetta is great loads of history and brilliant food.
    The aquarium at Qawra is worth a visit. If you wear a yellow shirt the fish think you are bringing food and will come to you. Yes our friends did build it!

1981miked
    Free Member

We visited in May this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice people, nice country and nice weather.The local buses are the best way to get about the island at only £1.30 for a day pass, the bus tours are also worth doing as you can hop on and hop off as much as you like which is ideal as you can cover a lot of ground in one day and see loads of stuff.

Valetta is lovely with lots to see and do, the knights hospital, War Museum, Malta experience and the Lascaris war rooms are all worth a visit and all in the same area of the city.

We also visited the aviation museum which was good. Mdina and the silent city are very good with a lovely coffee shop in the walls of the city, you sit on top of the castle walls and can see as far as Valetta, up to Bugibba and beyond on a good clear day (excellent cakes aswell).

Boat trip to Gozo and the Blue lagoon was very good aswell, food and beers was excellent and all included.

All in all id recommend Malta (local beer is Cisk and is very nice), i would also definitely go back as there is so much we didn’t get to see. When you get out of the airport and into the streets you will wonder what the f### you have come into as it looks old fashioned and almost run down in some places, however once you get exploring you realise it is clean and and the history, people and weather more than make up for it.

We stayed up near St Pauls bay which was nice and more touristy than we were used to but it was very nice all the same and easy to avoid the crowds.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

Currently 31 and sunny. It’s only 3 hours away.

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks all, I appreciate the input.

timber

Just got back. Everything is close together so easy to get about.
    Gozo is far more relaxed and good for swimming and the beaches are quieter. Buses are fine for getting around and cheap. Loads of big archaeology if you’re into that.

dan77
    Free Member

Everything 1981miked said, just avoid the Windsor hotel in Sliema, I was there with work once and they put us up in the Grand hotel excelsior in Valletta which I would recommend, thankfully I wasn’t paying for that one! I’m definitely planning on going back there again one day

Harry_the_Spider

Went a few years ago. Fabulous place if you like history.

Get yourself to Valetta bus station and go and explore!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Malta in October’ is closed to new replies.