Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Malt whisky day.
  • sargey

It’s malt whisky day on Sunday and my daughter always buys me a bottle, I wonder which one I’ll get.
    Peaty one please!

Murray

First valve caps, then tyre sealant, now whisky!

mechanicaldope

I know I have Taliska Storm. Never had it before so no idea what it’s like.

skink2020

I’m in a thatched cottage on Tiree accompanied by a bottle of Highland Park Viking honour. £25 from Tesco in Oban. It’s not half bad.
    (The wife and dogs are here also).

bubs

mechanicaldope – Make sure you drink it from a glass. I didn’t and created a storm in a teacup.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We are doing a tasting a couple of weeks late due to ongoing festivals here but..
    Laphroaig 32
    Glenkinchie 24
    Talisker 30
    JW Cask Strength
    Longrow 14
    2 more to be added to the list 🙂

Hard to pick a winner from the last one too
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/U2yXmS]Adventure time[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

£25 from Tesco in Oban.

Also Tesco Dundee which also had Auchetoshan American oak, Dalwhinnie Winter Gold, Aberfeldy and others in the £25 range
    If you’re in Oban, go to the distillery and pick up a bottle of Oban (ask about a passport for a free tour including tasting and £3 off a bottle). Oban’s fine but never on the cheap shelf in supermarkets

mahowlett
    Free Member

Kilchoman – Machir bay is one of my favourites, peaty but not too medicinal

Yak

mechanicaldope – it’s good stuff. Probably my favourite Talisker without going crazy on the expensive stuff.

RichT

How does the Viking Honour compare to the normal 12yo Highland Park, which I love?

cloudnine
    Free Member

mactheknife

Skink2020, where are you staying. Without a doubt Tiree is one of my favourite places.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UTtMEp]19400534_10102224556877591_8459341631626557053_o[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr
    We had our day, last one before Craig heads back up to you bastards. If you meet him on a bike be nice 🙂 What a day

Scapegoat

How does the Viking Honour compare to the normal 12yo Highland Park, which I love?

It’s the same stuff in rebranded packaging. Looks like they’re reinventing the Orkney backstory.

They’ve launched a new non age specific malt, Valkyrie. The blurb promises more peaty loveliness, so I’ll give it a try if I see it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Malt whisky day.’ is closed to new replies.