Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mallorca – trails, maps, routes, experiences?
  • wm4wm4
    Free Member

Hi guys, I’m off with a few friends on a bargain bucket long weekend holiday to Mallorca next week. Most of us have now grown out of ‘club-life’, so are looking for a bit of XC trail riding to do.

Everyone is fairly proficient having done red & black trails in Wales and Scotland, so was wondering if anyone has found any particularly nice trails or routes, or any advice on maps etc…

We are gonna hire hardtails for about 2 days and are staying in Palma, although we may hire a van / car if the riding up North is worth the effort. We want something knackering, challenging, beautiful and fun (too much to ask)?

Thanks in advance…

LadyAlexMTB
    Free Member

We go MTB’ing every year in Mallorca. Can thoroughly recommend it.

We bought this guide http://www.rockandride-mallorca.com/mtb-guide-fuhrer-rutas-tour/
    You don’t need to buy a trail map (unless you want to) if you use the guide as the instructions are excellent. We actually bought it twice as some new rides were added this year!

The riding in Mallorca is definitely challenging, beautiful and fun. I found it knackering but it depends on your fitness I guess! Not much flat. Lots of rocks, switchbacks, forests, stunning scenery, secret beaches, remote villages.

The guide I linked to has one Palma ride, which I haven’t done. The rides in the north (starting from Soller, Esporles, or Lluc) are tremendous so I would say definitely worth hiring a car for.

Hope you have a lovely time!

wm4wm4
    Free Member

Amazing answer. I was thinking about getting the guide… Will buy it now… unless of course you would consider sharing it with a fellow enthusiast? If this request takes you into moral grey water, feel free to tell me where to go!

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mallorca – trails, maps, routes, experiences?’ is closed to new replies.