Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mallorca road biking in July?
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Anyone been out to Mallorca in July for a few days biking? Its the only real window I have to get out there, but I heard it can be busy with hire cars and tour buses around that time which is a bit off putting. Also the heat.
    Anyone have any experiences? Did you get a guide or ride by yourself?

Cheers.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I haven’t been out there in July but as far as riding is concerned I just went exploring by myself. You soon see other groups of riders and you can just tag along most of the time. One of the most popular areas for riders to stay is Port de Pollenca which is right at the foothills of the mountains.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Thanks for help. I’ll look into that place for accom. Anyone else?

Chris.H
    Free Member

I’ve been in July as part of a family holiday. I get up early and be out not much after dawn for a few hours. Once past about 10am, it’s starting to get warm and busy!

I’d certainly look at Port de Pollenca as a base. We’ve stayed in Viva hotels and Iberostar hotels and have been good, but we’ve stayed in Playa Del Muro, which is about 10km away on the coastal road.

Most of the bike rental places will give you a good map with suggested routes on them.

atlaz
    Free Member

I understand why Majorca in the less pleasant weather but out of interest, why go there in summer in particular. The whole of Europe is open for business.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Just come back from Mallorca two weeks over there and it was starting to get busy on some of the roads. Heat was building as well.
    Had a week at Viva Blue but much preferred 2nd week staying in alaro.
    Yell if you want any info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mallorca road biking in July?’ is closed to new replies.