Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mallorca 312 – anyone else?
  • tlr

Anyone else doing the Mallorca 312 this weekend?

I was really looking forward to it until I came down with manflu, now 30km seems like a big ask, let alone 300km.

Its also a bit of a shame about the route change, I guess that it means that my chances of going under 10 hours and beating last years time are somewhat limited as I think the new route is tougher. Closed roads will be nice though.

bluebird
    Free Member

of going under 10 hours

That’s a pretty impressive average, I must say.

tlr

10.14 last year, with 10.07 moving time so sub 10 was doable, but the new route looks hillier I think.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bluebird
    Free Member

I’m not doubting you, I’m patting you on the back. 🙂

I’d be well chuffed if I could hold 19.5 for ten hours with those bumps

jtdm
    Free Member

I hope you made good use of those 7 minutes off the bike!!

fatmax

18 of us heading out, and a mix of 312, 232 and 167 riders.
    We did Paris Roubaix two years ago and the Gran Fondo Stelvio last year.
    One lad has disc brakes and so doesn’t think he can do it.
    Fly tomorrow and really looking forward to it.

mduncombe
    Free Member

Am not taking part in the event but will be there on saturday. Looking at the event website they do have a fair amount of the roads closed for the rides.

http://www.mallorca312.com/carreteres

What do those in the know think my chances of getting from Palma to Alcudia and then to Pollenca via Port Pollenca around about midday will be.

This suggests that in theory it should be possible

9. Information: vehicles in direction Palma – Alcúdia and vice versa on the main road will be allowed.

with the coast road from Alcudia to Port Polenca having reopened already.

but the ride routes do share a couple of hundred meters with the main road and I would imagine the cyclists get priority at the roundabout on the MA13.

tlr

Well that was fun again. 125km of rain, but then it dried up a bit and the next 200km were quite enjoyable.

Finished in 10.34, so a bit slower than last year but the course was tougher I reckon.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I set my stall out for the 232 as i reckoned it had the best of the riding and wasn’t really bothered about making up distance just for the sake of it. Rolled in 7hr 40ish. Great day out despite the slightly dodgy weather for the 1st half and the ice covered Teflon Majorcan Tarmac in the wet.

fatmax

Just back and really enjoyed it.
    Three lads did the 312 (10.20 was the fastest from our mob), four did the 232 and the rest of us did the 167. Everyone enjoyed the course, but the rain for the first three hours or so! Will go back with the road bike to Mallorca again, great rounds.
    The group of us did Paris Roubaix in 2014, Gran Fondo Stelvio last year, and Mallorca 312 this year. We fancy an event on the Pyrenees next year – anone know of anything?

Shred
    Free Member

What happened with the disc brakes?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Thisis one of the Classic Spanish Pyrenees events, always well over subscribed but worth a try.

fatmax

My bro-in-law got in touch with them and they were fine about it. Lots of disk brake bikes on the route too, more than I’ve seen at home.

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

My first time and I managed the 232. Quite enjoyed it and would do it again. The only thing that surprised me was the frenzy at the feed stations. People getting barged out of the way, grabbing armfuls of supplies etc. Didn’t seem to be a lot left in the way of actual food at the first proper feed stop.

L’Ariégeoise sportive is in the French Pyrenees and was one I was thinking about but sadly they won’t allow disc brakes so it’s off my radar at the moment.

fatmax

L’Ariégeoise – saw that when researching the Pyrenees at the weekend. There’s another in September that looks good too.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just to whet the appetite if you are still looking for a sportive in the Pyrenees, I was in a bike shop in Barcelona this afternoon and picked up a flyer for This The long version is basically the route of the infamous day of the Vuelta last year which claimed Chris Froome, I was watching at the finish and have never seen so many knackered pros. It’s 145 km and 5400 m of climbing. There’s also a 10k uphill TT on the Saturday before with a mere 820m of climbing just to get the legs warm 😯

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mallorca 312 – anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.