Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mallorca
  • Shred
    Free Member

Is a bit hot at the moment.

It does make the cycling a bit more difficult, but I think I could manage a nice long ride tomorrow.

Dogsby

Shred,

Just back from two weeks with the family and the bike. Thankfully we came home just as the heatwave was hitting which was making even early morning cycling difficult. Where are you?

Dogsby

JAG

Hey Guys, I’m heading to a villa on Mallorca for one week at the end of October.

What’s the cycling like? MTB? Road? Can I hire a bike locally?

Any advice you can give will make my week a little better 😆

Shred
    Free Member

I’m in Puerto Pollenca. I did 230km along the Tramuntana mountains and back along the foot hills. The main problem is getting more water during siesta hours, I ended up just having 2 bottles for the last 90 – 100km.

It is quite hot here, but the weekend is forecast to be a bit cooler.

Jag, there are plenty of places to hire road bikes all around the islands. If you are up near Pollenca, the Formentor ride, and Sa Calobra are must dos.

julians
    Free Member

I can recommend tony at Tramuntbike if you want to hire a mountain bike , or need any guiding. He also hires road bikes, but I only went mountain biking when I was there.

His shop is in santa ponsa (south west of the island), but he knows guided routes all over the island and can come and meet you anywhere

Home

A group of 4 of us did the tramuntana range end to end (la travessa) off road last october, took 3 days, staying in a different hotel every night, it was a really good trip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mallorca’ is closed to new replies.