Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Malfunctioning Reverb Stealth
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m sure someone here will have had the same problem and can point me in the right direction.

At the end of my ride on Sunday my Reverb decided to break in the most annoying way possible. As soon as I put weight on it it drops down but then immediately springs back up as soon as weight is taken off it, making both peddling and descending pretty difficult.

I think the post is still under warranty (I bought the bike it came on 2nd hand, but am mates with the guy who bought it, and he fitted it himself) but if it’s an easy job to repair I’d probably do it my self.

Any hints on where to look? Busted seal? Broken lever?

bruneep

If “your mate” can get proof of purchase and its within the 2 yr warranty get it returned.

They should send you a new one.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

No quotes required around mate! 2 year warranty, eh? For some reason I thought i was longer.

If it’s not under warranty, any ideas what the problem could be?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Doesn’t have to be within the 2 years, I, and a mate of mine, have had reverbs replaced out of warranty. Just need to have a good relationship with your lbs…..

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

As above, try returning anyway (and you might get a 2017 version in return). Rockshox seem pretty keen to maintain a good customer service around Reverbs, at least whilst the product is so unreliable. Crank Brothers anyone?

If I was going to try and fix it, I’d bleed it, check the air pressure is 250psi and bleed it again if you find you have to top up the air. That pretty much regular maintenance, if it’s anything else, warranty is probably your best option.

And keep the box you return it in, you’ll need it again in another 12 months time…

buckster
    Free Member

What he said plus bleed it with the speed adjuster wound one way and then the other, look for any kinks in the hose in the tube

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

[/quote]Doesn’t have to be within the 2 years, I, and a mate of mine, have had reverbs replaced out of warranty. Just need to have a good relationship with your lbs…..

. Relationship with lbs is pretty irelevant as the decision regarding warranty or not will be made by sram warranty and the lbs can not really influence that . Good luck though , I suspect you may need it in this case .

whatnobeer
    Free Member

If anyone was wondering, one of the seals had become unseated. Sorted that out and all is good in the world.

oink1
    Free Member

Result!! 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Malfunctioning Reverb Stealth’ is closed to new replies.