Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Malaga Trails…. Sram test track.?
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Sram track

Off to malaga for a week next tuesday with the family. Now I’d normally hire a carbon road bike and do the usual head for the hills. My son who is 13 has taken to mtb’ing like a duck to water and is hitting big gaps at Innerleithen and has no fear so was looking for any mountain biking in the area. He has just came down and shown me the video above , so does anyone know where this is or any other info on trails or where to hire a couple of hardtails.

honourablegeorge

RoostDH or Switchbacks do local guiding and uplifts

nickdavies

That’s the switchbacks trail I think, speak to them.
    Otherwise this thread will probably give you just about everything you need:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/benalmadena-mtb

5plusn8
    Free Member

If you are being uplifted by Switchbacks then you get dropped off here.
    Then push up steeep slope until the track levels out, you will see the entrance to the track on the right as in that video.
    Also at the end of that video, if you go past the van up the hill a little bit, there is a 2nd part of the trail which is also really good and brings you out here, normally then Switchbacks collects you here
    I found Switchbacks to be really good for trails and relentless uplifting, their vans are a bit knackered and the whole thing is a bit haphazard, but I had a brilliant long weekend with them 2 years ago. I don’t think they operate there in the summer though.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Tis on google maps linky

5plusn8
    Free Member

ooh yes thats the beginning of the 2nd part.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

my mum lives near malaga, have never taken the bike… perhaps next year

zippykona

Why don’t you buy a bike leave it at your mums and we can all borrow it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That’s actually a good plan. please don’t refer to my mum as ‘it’ however.

Bream
    Free Member

Her’s my write up from going there with Switchbacks in 2009 ; some great riding out there for all types 8)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bream are you still in Sweden? We could go to my mums together 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 what others said.

It’s rougher and steeper than it looks in that video though! It was my first proper experience of uplifitng, and the first section had me kacking myself and dragging my brakes (the bit that looks like he’s just coasting down a flat-ish path)!

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

I rode the Sram Track last month, its actually been really badly damaged as the winter just gone they had some serious weather that ruined some trails. Best thing to do is to head up to the mast on the road. Then pick which ever trail you fancy back down.

If you want some strava links to some routes then drop me a line.

Bream
    Free Member

Bream are you still in Sweden? We could go to my mums together

Now there’s an offer you don’t get every day 😯 😆

Yes, still happily in Skåne 😉

Where you based then?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

haha yes I’m in Jamtländ, about and hour from Åre. Give me a shout if you go again and need places filled

stanfree
    Free Member

Thansk for the info Folks , looks like ill give it a go . Were staying in malaga so probably throw the bikes on the train and head from Fuengirola.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Were staying in malaga so probably throw the bikes on the train and head for Fuengirola.

If you want to use the cable car for uplift get off the train at Arroyo de la Miel. Cable car less than 1 minute away.
    Main trails are near Mijas 400 metres higher than Fuengirola so a big slog up from the train. You wouldn’t want to do that climb in the Summer.
    Some nice trails in montes de Malaga above Malaga city. Maybe get a big taxi to get you up to the start of some trails (Fuente del Reina venta).
    http://www.marbellarentabike.com for rental bikes, not sure about Malaga.
    alan@sierramtb.com if you need more help. Alan

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for your help Alan , Im out there on tuesday so may be in touch.

matt10214
    Free Member

I’m just east of Malaga and it’s really hot at the minute (oddly enough :D)

Might be a bit much during the afternoon

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Malaga Trails…. Sram test track.?’ is closed to new replies.