Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Malaga in August. Anyone have any experiences to share of the area?
  • SixFootTwo
    Free Member

So my wife has researched and found us a villa for our summer hols tucked away just North of Malaga which by wonderful coincidence is rather good for riding and far too good of an opportunity to miss. Just wondering who might have spent time around there and have a view as I suspect it may be beyond toastie? It is a family holiday first and foremost so I suspect riding will be limited to a couple of full days and a few early mornings and I’m not sure budget will spread to guided stuff but maybe here or there if I can get away with it 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

What do you want to know? We’ve stayed in the area around lake Vinuela for the past few years and really like it.

We’re going again this year, we”re around 40km north east of Malaga.

Temps are high 30’s. I did some road riding last year and although hot it’s okay.

ndthornton
    Free Member

It’ll be HOT HOT HOT
    Good riding at Fuengirola and Ardales but out of season and you may struggle to get guides.
    Try Sierra Cycling or Blazing trails
    Early morning and Evenings will be your friend

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SixFootTwo
    Free Member

OK that is what I thought so thanks for confirming, early doors riding works well for me as I can get up and out and still get back in time for dad duties without eating into the day too much:) I’m fortunate enough to be able to choose between bikes to take and was thinking 150mm would be the best bet given it’s a good cover all.

Are there any “must do” trails that I would be foolish not to fit in?

ndthornton
    Free Member

For up-lifty with some peddling see Sierra Cycles
    For More Peddly but equally awesome descents see Blazing trails
    Everything is superb but you will need a guide to find it

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Which area are you staying in? I can recommend local trails if I knew that. The temperature up to about 11:00 is perfect for biking in August. After that – well that´s what the pool is for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Malaga in August. Anyone have any experiences to share of the area?’ is closed to new replies.