Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Making money fast
  • nealglover
    Free Member

How did you manage to con a tenant into paying half for a new kitchen in your house ?

That a genius bit of salesmanship.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fast Cash = Risky Cash or a lot of work otherwise we would all be rich.
    If I did have a get rich quick scheme I also wouldn’t be telling anyone else about it.

The easiest way is as above a few times not to spend anything, cancel what you can and reduce anything else – phone/internet etc. drop it to the lowest levels.

Work out how much you really have to do to the house, are there parts you can close off for a few months etc.

Failing that stick it all on red and sleep with Robert Redford

samuri
    Free Member

How did you manage to con a tenant into paying half for a new kitchen in your house ?

That a genius bit of salesmanship.

I agree. Quite how I managed it I’m not sure but it was actually their idea. As I say, they seem like good tenants.

nealglover
    Free Member

Is he a Kitchen Salesman by any chance ?

If he is, you’ve just been demoted from “genius salesman” to “mug landlord” 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

How about….

As they seem good tenants, explain to them that you are financially stretched and if they can pay a sum toward the cost of further work you will deduct it from their rent +10%?

Ie, they pay £2,400, you deduct £240 + £24 per month from their rent to cover the cost over 12 months…

Edit: Or you could package it as they get £240 reduction per month but December rent is free (nice Christmas ‘bonus’.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nice idea there jd.Stock market has been pretty good the last few years.More than doubled my money on a 2k bet on BGFD shares since Christmas.Still another 30% to go there I think.Of course other outcomes may have been possible.Apes

juanking

More than one house, I’m out.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Housing is now amiga game.With QE the stock market is where its at.Go with the flow. 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Well I’ve gone with the gerbil idea but its bitten me on the knob three times and to be quite frank I don’t really fancy it.

ski
    Free Member

If you are the same Samurai that used to have a page, years back in the STW mag? I used to enjoy your page back then, what about writing a book?

Do you have any old gold jewelery? 😉

Are you any good at online poker?

Our neighbor makes a killing out of breeding rabbits and posh cats.

mikeuk
    Free Member

Clinical trials, always popular in times of austerity

https://uk.testwiththebest.com

bearnecessities

Our neighbor makes a killing out of breeding rabbits and posh cats

That’s some ****ed up pet you’ll end up with.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks ski, yes that’s me.
    A book you say?
    3 bent links

It’s had…errm, mixed reviews but some people like it.

bearnecessities

You’re also published? *swoons*

richpips
    Free Member

Ebay is good don’t underestimate the time it all takes though.

I’ve already bought your book 😉

epicyclo

I’ve already bought your book

+1 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

juanking – Member

More than one house, I’m out

I do wish you’d contribute more often to threads with single erudite posts of such brilliance.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Making money fast’ is closed to new replies.