Spotted a place; a bit run down, great area/house/garden etc.
Thing is, spoke to agents this morning - they're being a bit cagey (no surprise), apparently it's company owner and an offer is in already. I asked whether this would be published and was told that this company wasn't required to do so - A suggestion from someone else, is it could be that it's in the hands of one of those "we buy any house type" places rather than direct repo from the bank?
Viewing arranged for tomorrow, with another person (I hate that arrangement!).
Question is; I'm toying with the idea of putting an offer in today to see if I can negotiate if accepted, all bets are off, viewings cancelled etc. "Subject to being structurally sound, serious offer of xyz and I have eveything in place to complete, can you confirm if acceptable by end of day" kind of thing?
Anyone done similar, or will it likely backfire, in that they don't get back to me today, delay the reponse and go ahead with viewings tomorrow announcing with glee to all in attenance that's there's another offer in, to whip up frenzy?
No experience to draw upon here...