Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Making a white frame – whiter?!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

my white frame is looking a bit dull, and has smears of oil and other wear on it from cables (not rub) just black from the cables…

is there a magic treatment to get it looking pristine white again?

does muc off bike spray do anything to help this at all??

frame is almost two years old now and been used quite a bit, got a few scratches (no dents) im just looking to refresh it without it being resprayed?

cheers for any tips and advice!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Chips n scuffs in the laquer innit? You may be able to polish them out with some elbow grease and some t-cut, but that’s why you don’t buy a white frame in the first place … oh wait 😉

I kinda like the battle scars myself.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah was thinking a tcut or something similar too, dont know if its a bit too harsh though…

yeah the marks are battlescars which are not deep etc and a touch in would cover them…

it was more the oily embedded/greasy marks and general rub areas etc was more bothered about…

i guess tcut is the way forward then….

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Not sure if this is suitable, hopefully is! But found oily marks e.c.t come out very easily with this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/JML-5020044770276-Magic-Eraser-V1352/dp/B00097ECGM

philconsequence
    Free Member

battlescars, like blood and mud stains on your mtb clothes are like tattoos and massive skids… the ladies love them.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers cowsincars, looks pretty good! i may just try the t-cut option first sure the old man will have some knocking around somewhere!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Making a white frame – whiter?!’ is closed to new replies.