Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Makeshift Orange 5 swingarm protection
  • jimmy

What have you made to protect yours?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

cut up an old tyre and zip tie it on.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Nothing. After 5 years it still looks pretty good. Most serious scratches were caused by a bit of barbed wire I managed to collect, but even they don't really show.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Makeshift? Has buying the bike broke the bank? Endura or Lizard Skin Swingarm Protectors are dirt cheap and stop chain slap.

Otherwise I'd go with zedsdead and opt for tyre or better still tube and zip tie it on. You could also use leccy tape I suppose.

JonM
    Free Member

self-amalgamating tape works well. Otherwise, zip-tied inner tubes. Lizard skins etc seem to last no time at all on my bike but that's because I toe-out heavily so my heels are often rubbing the swing-arm.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Go to Bike Hut and buy their sticky rubber chainstay protector. Just stick it on the underside where the chain might slap. You won't even see it plus it's transparent.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Go to B&Q and buy the 50mm wide heavy duty stick on velcro. Use the fluffy side, it works a treat on my Prophet, much tidier than wrapping stuff around the swingarm.

pennine
    Free Member

Inner tube and zipties for me, otherwise I'd rub with my heel

Reminds me, must change the white one to black

iainc

I bought a couple of chainstay protectors for mine but thought they looked naff. been using helitape for over a year and no dings…..

joolsburger
    Free Member

XC Chain Pros

had one for years it's great..

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Large Lizard Skin chainstay protector for me but keep forgeting to put back on after washing.

solamanda
    Free Member

Try sticky back velcro off a reel from a diy store.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Makeshift Orange 5 swingarm protection’ is closed to new replies.