Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Makes you proud to be British.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, Ordnance Survey mapping. Nothing else can come close to the quality.

murf
    Free Member

The 3 pin plug isn’t foolproof though, you can’t always account for the lowest common denominator.

I got called out to a shop where the lights weren’t working, found this in the pitch black at the side of the door near the light switch!

midlifecrashes

NI is not part of Britain

NI is part of Ireland, one of the British Isles, which lies close to Great Britain, another of the British Isles, which itself contains (most of, excluding the smaller offshore islands) England, Scotland and Wales. Therefore NI is clearly British, but it is Britain which is ambiguous and undefined in your assertion.

Pedantry, that’s what makes me proud to be British.

ThePinkster

Another fine British invention – the Filofax

ThePinkster

I thought that it was a part of ulster which is southern Irish?

That’ll be where you’re going wrong – Ulster is a county of Northern Ireland.

wwaswas

Haven’t seen anything better than our road signage,even if it is a bit ott in places.

molgrips to the thread! molgrips to the thread!

CCTV in public places, that’s another area we’re world leaders in.

midlifecrashes

Ulster is the northernmost of the ancient provinces. The others being Munster, Leinster and Connaught.

Ulster has nine counties, three of which are now in the Republic of Ireland (Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal) and six of which are in Northern Ireland (Antrim, Down, Armagh, Derry, Fermanagh and Tyrone).

jambourgie
    Free Member

CCTV in public places, that’s another area we’re world leaders in.

I’m not proud of that.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Programmable computer.

DrP

I think Britain invented eggs too.

DrP

wwaswas

I think Britain invented eggs too.

Not Chickens?

jota180
    Free Member

The 3 pin plug isn’t foolproof though, you can’t always account for the lowest common denominator.

muggomagic

Didn’t a Brit invent Vaseline too?

DrP

That’s open to debate, wwaswas….

DrP

wrecker
    Free Member

As midlifecrashes says, not all of ulster is in NI, and is not a county. NI is not part of Britain, hence ” United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”. And Monaghan is clearly in the Republic of Ireland anyway.

aracer
    Free Member

Radar
    Steam engines
    VTOL planes
    Telephone
    Instant custard

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

TV

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The electric relay, the forerunner to the transistor, the birth of telecoms.

joshvegas
    Free Member

ta180 – Member

I am sure I read somewhere about an electric forklift that required a cable like that. If memory serves correctly there was some sort off accident involved

Pook

The tube map

ratherbeintobago

That’ll be where you’re going wrong – Ulster is a county of Northern Ireland.

/Rises to bait

Ulster is a province of Ireland, six counties of which comprise Northern Ireland (Antrim, Armagh, Down, Derry or Londonderry, Fermanagh & Tyrone) and three of which are in the Republic of Ireland (Cavan, Donegal & Monaghan).

maxtorque

Here’s my contribution to a little bit of the “Best of British”:

And to think, they actually PAID me to develop that^^^ 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can’t really stand patriotism… however, I did feel what may possibly be a twinge of British pride at the end of the Thrust SSC documentary…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Ms71VPVQY[/video]

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Didn’t a Brit invent Vaseline too?

Wasn’t it a Tory MP?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Cant really stand patriotism

Do you understand what patriotism is ? Or are you confusing it with something else ?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Makes you proud to be British.’ is closed to new replies.