Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Make sure your mini pump works!!
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Yesterday out on my ride, I got a puncture in the pissing rain, not so good. I go to change the tube, and realize the mini pump Ive been carrying around for the last couple of years doesn’t work!

So I’m there like a goon and thinking about trying to fill the tyres with grass and weeds, when another biker turns up with a flat, saying he forgot his tyre leavers! Lol so between us both we got ourselves going again. Could have been a lot worse though. 😀

kuman
    Free Member

I always carry a can of sealant spray, just in case.

Jamie
    Free Member

CO2. It’s the future.

glen815
    Free Member

Tubeless, CO2 and mini pump. I’m not paranoid at all. 🙂

reedspeed
    Free Member

Got co2 n a coupla canisters under my seat & for big rides take the pump in my bigger camel
    Back !.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Spare tube bouncing around your bag and wearing holes in itself is another common one.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

CO2 and tubeless +1

ormondroyd
    Free Member

I’m crap with CO2. Always manage to mess up

rob-jackson
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Spare tube bouncing around your bag and wearing holes in itself is another common one.

POSTED 30 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

what shite

Garry_Lager

Good advice – especially if you’re on tubeless where the mini pump might go years between uses. Check that your valves can still be removed is another tip – the mavic ust ones could corrode around the lock ring and you’d need pliers to get them off.

Sure there was a thread on here a while back where the puncture / bust mini pump happened to some guy when he was well into a ride in Torridon. Had a massive walk out iirc.

ianfitz
    Free Member

I had a similar experience due to carrying a mini pump on a bottle cage mount. It got loads of grit in it over time and failed on me. I bought one of those tiny airbone pumps which is always in saddle bag, rucksack or pocket now.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

2 pumps and Co2 here.

coatesy
    Free Member

Mine was working fine until I had to swap valve fittings for somebody else, a minor struggle ended in a vital part flying into the undergrowth, and a 3 mile walk to Tesco fuel station.

brakes
    Free Member

just to be sure, I trail one of these behind

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Make sure your mini pump works!!’ is closed to new replies.