Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • make my back stronger
  • oldgit
    Free Member

No problems riding for hundreds of miles.
    No problems road racing.
    But…
    Cyclo cross! the small of my back really aches after 1/2 hour and that effects the power I can put down.

What are the best ways to strengthen this area? I need to have it sorted by the next race 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Isn’t it likely to be riding position?

Lifer
    Free Member

I found the yoga positions of plank, side plank and reverse plank positions helped me with lower back pain.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. Have a baby

You’ll have a good sized weight that needs lifting into and out of a multitude of positions, each designed to work your core, all day every day.. and the weight will gradually increase as your strength increases..

The cheap, pain and stress free solution to a bad back..

wallop

yunki – Member

pain free

For you, maybe 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. Have a baby

I shall borrow my grand child.

footflaps

I spent yesterday shifting 600 Medium density concrete blocks 120m, each block weighting 14kg, 6 to a barrow – that did wonders for my core, but wrecked my hands and shoulders….

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Squats and dead lifts are good for the back. But its best to be shown the technique and have someone to train with, as obviously you can do some damage if you get it wrong. You wanna work all the opposite muscle groups too so I’d advise trying to strengthen your entire core strength (back, lats & abs)
    Cycling is particularly bad for not using any core strength at all, IMO.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I pulled my lower back 20 mins into my ride this morning but kept going thinking it might get better, it didn’t. Now I can’t put socks on or get out of the chair without pain. Still it was a lovely ride in the peaks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘make my back stronger’ is closed to new replies.