Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Majorca road biking conpanies
  • bigmandh
    Free Member

I am thinking if taking the road bike over to Majorca for a few days and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for cycle tour companies? The kind of thing where we’re doing the popular routes and putting in the miles,not touring around church ruins and the like! Also how does it work in terms of different standards of rider? Do you just pair up with folk the same pace but if you want you can stretch your legs on certain climbs etc should you feel the need? Thanks

benw
    Free Member

Stuart hall cycling,at least three different groups each day. Cheap,no frills and big miles if you want.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Do you need to use a tour company? This site is great – lots of route options, all of which you can download gpx/printed directions for:
    https://www.tramuntanacycling.com/en/
    Worth looking at for inspiration even if you do go down the tour guide route.

Rik
    Free Member

Stuart hall cycling

Shame they’ve moved from the ace Pollensa Park hotel to what looks like a shit hole (might not be a shit hole but doesn’t look anywhere near as nice) this year, even though the price went up

bigmandh
    Free Member

I thought about going myself and wouldn’t have a problem finding my way around but think I’d prefer to do it in a group to meet folk and have stuff arranged so I wouldn’t have to do any organization myself.

g123456
    Free Member

Done Mallorca twice now, went with a handful of people from my local bike club. So we just rolled out in the morning having looked at the map the night before then via Garmin’s ride around and sort of follow our noses. Depending on what time of year you go you’ll find lots of Euro team trains going around which you can just tag onto to make a route as you go. So rather than pay a company maybe look to a local bike club?

canny1
    Free Member

If you are in Pollenca I’m fairly sure group rides leave from outside Tolo’s every morning and I think from outside ProCycle Hire

scruff9252

I personally don’t even take my own bike. Last year I hired a willier gtr, a really nice bike for Iirc £55 for the week. Hard to financially justify the cost, risk & stress of flying with your own bike..

bigmandh
    Free Member

I did think about this with ryanair charging £120 and easyjet £70 but bought new bike and would love to ride it on the roads and climbs over there so will just bite the bullet and hope it’s ok I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Majorca road biking conpanies’ is closed to new replies.