Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • maintaining fitness while off the bike. (static handcycle?)
  • ton

got a long layoff the bike looming, possibly 4 months. i am looking for a way to maintain some kind of fitness.
    got my self a new bench and some weights, but also want to try and keep a bit of aerobic fitness.

idea’s please?

thought about buying a static hand cycle, or winch type thing they use to train for sailing.

Mole
    Free Member

Is swimming a possibility? Awesome for maintaining fitness and low impact.

ton

no swimming allowed. will be potted for 10 weeks.

julzm
    Free Member

Tin, I broke my Tib and fib 10 weeks ago so was off bike for over 8 weeks and only just back on road bike now. Another few weeks before I’ll be able to MTB.

I got into physio 1 week after my op with non weight bearing strength exercises and the physio recommended a hand gym and then swimming as soon as my cast was off.

Not sure what your lay off cause is but I started out with gentle spinning in turbo and then moved onto gentle spins on road (first one ended up 20 miles along the river). Physio can’t believe how good my leg and ankle are looking after such a short time and reckons spinning is good for it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

will be potted for 10 weeks.

Toilet training it is then. IGMC

Aerobic training if you can’t use your legs is a bit of a struggle. You might be better off just doing seated weight reps and rebuilding aerobic fitness when you can after the layoff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘maintaining fitness while off the bike. (static handcycle?)’ is closed to new replies.