Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Main dealer argument brewing
  • bland

Timing chain seems to have gone on my accord this morning only a month after being replaced at Crewe honda.

They were told to replace whatever was needed and they did the chain, tensioner a and guides.

Something has gone wrong and I think its locked the engine, I’ve AA dropped it off outside their garage and left it, so what’s the chances they are going to try wriggle out of this one! Its not going to be cheap that’s for sure!

Anyone had a similar problem/occurrence and what was your outcome/means of getting there?

davosaurusrex

All I can say is when I had an Accord the main dealer customer service was excellent. The exhaust manifold cracked when it was a long way out of warranty (known problem with them), not only did they replace it FOC but it was them who pointed it out. Hopefully you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Speshpaul

Honda-main dealer, more chance of a happy ending than most I’d say.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deviant
    Free Member

Honda are pretty good with this kind of thing, they have been top of the reliability surveys in this country (and all over the world) for the last 15-20 years or so….they will be mortified seeing as they did the cam chain recently.

Be polite, keep calm, stress that the car was seen by Honda a couple of months ago for the cam chain and that part of the reason you bought a Honda was for their reputation on reliability….every now an again you’ll get a franchise that are a bit crap (all manufacturers have this unfortunately) but you can always go to Honda-UK who will usually value the brand’s reputation far more than a rogue dealership.

RobHilton
    Free Member

more chance of a happy ending than most

That is going above & beyond!

robdob
    Free Member

What exactly went wrong?

squirrelking
    Free Member

As said, elevating it to Honda UK if the dealers won’t play ball is usually successful.

spooky_b329

I’ve had good results with Honda UK on a Civic, 6yrs old on 90k and out of warranty. It had Honda service history and we bought it secondhand from Honda.

It had premature clutch failure due to a warped pressure plate (known weakness) and we paid approx 2hrs labour at the reduced warranty rate, they supplied the clutch and paid the balance of the labour.

bland

Well fingers crossed, if not its a write off! It just made a noise that sounded like the exhaust falling off so pulled straight over, oil light came on so checked oil and ok. Turned it over again and it made some noises and then just stopped dead so knocked it off!

The timing chain, tensioned and guides were changed by honda and that comes with a warranty, however I also asked if anything else, pulleys, oil pump chain etc needed changing and they said no so fingers crossed they have done something wrong and have to hold their hands up.

If not its an expensive couple of months and cue what big banger thread!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Why did the timing chain need replacing in the first place? Normally that’s a very high mileage event, no?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Rattly old honda diesel cam chain , bout 100k miles.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I could be wrong but I seem to remember something about N22’s liking the taste of big ends. Whatever way it goes it’s going to be expensive for someone.

woody21
    Free Member

Snap – found my air induction pipe on the sump yesterday. My car has just had a new radiator two weeks ago, clearly it hadn’t been reconnected correctly by the VW dealer in Chesterfield. I’ve calmed down now but expect to be in rant mode later

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I could be wrong but I seem to remember something about N22’s liking the taste of big ends. Whatever way it goes it’s going to be expensive for someone.

Big end is more of a rumbbly slow death by low oil pressure though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I know its only one incident but I did find a case last night that was pretty rapid, mainly down to over filling from what was said.

robdob
    Free Member

Update?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Main dealer argument brewing’ is closed to new replies.