Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • mail order woes
  • alexonabike

Just wanting to know what my next course of action should be…

Ordered a pair of shoes on monday from a well known online retailer. Were despatched 1st Class Royal Mail on Tuesday. This has been confirmed over the phone with the retailer.

Now the postie's been and it's now Friday, but still no shoes. I'm off to the Peak for the weekend this afternoon shoe-less.

The retailer has sent the item in good time, but cannot track it so what should I do?

uplink
    Free Member

put bags on your feet? 😀

scaredypants

never depend on distance sellers if you NEED something within a few days

alexonabike

Can you get bags with a waffle sole then?!? 😆

uplink
    Free Member

Seriously – cancel/send them back & buy locally today?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

never depend on distance sellers if you NEED something within a few days

Especially when there are UK wide postal strikes.

alexonabike

Tried locally first, but to no avail.

The postal strikes are not uk wide – they are pretty localised.

If they are lost in the ether, what chance do I have of getting my money back?

jam-bo

they arent officially lost for 14 days i think…

uplink
    Free Member

If they are lost in the ether, what chance do I have of getting my money back?

I'd say very good
    It's not your problem – it's the retailers, they'll need to either refund or replace

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Bizarrely you can't track something on Royal Mail (presumable signed for…) until it's being delivered.

There's no guarantee that even first class will take a couple of days to arrive.

Alas, you'll have to find some shoes locally. And of course the ordered ones will turn up on Monday. Then you'll have to stump up to send 'em back.

Think jam_bo is right, it's something like 14 days before it's lost – and the seller has to initiate the claim. They may refund you straight away, or may wait until they get their money back (in case you're pulling a fast one).

Worth a trip to the sorting office? Maybe they've tried to deliver but postie forgot to tell you?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I have a similar issue – order despatched 18 Aug and nowt arrived. Contacted shop this week and they have resent the order. (Thankyou Leisure Lakes. Hoping it's at home tonight).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘mail order woes’ is closed to new replies.