Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mail order bikes
  • sa9000
    Free Member

Having not bought a bike online before I am unsure how “built up” it should come; would you expect the bars taped (its a road bike), brakes set up etc or just a bike in a box straight from the importer? I understand to fit in the box for delivery it will have certain bits taken off.

parkesie
    Free Member

Depends who your buying from. Could be as simple spining the forks, fitting wheels and bars.

sa9000
    Free Member

I am a bit surprised that it obviously hasn’t had even a basic check. I would expect to fit bars etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sandwicheater

Mine came with a limp, fag hanging out of her mouth and a strong Russian accent.

cynic-al
    Free Member

sa9000 – Member

I am a bit surprised that it obviously hasn’t had even a basic check. I would expect to fit bars etc

check the retailer’s terms.

They will have made some savings by not building it up – may account for a “good” price.

simondbarnes

Depends on the shop. A lazy one will send it out how it comes from the importer, a good one will build & pdi it then re-box it. Bigger shops who send lots of stuff will be able to send in a huge box with minimal rebuilding required, smaller shops who don’t send much will probably re-box in the box it came in and need bars, pedals, front wheel, seatpost fitting as sending huge boxes tends to cost loads unless you send lots.

Edit: manufacturer’s warranty also void on many brands unless built by an authorised dealer too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mine came with everything set up and properly adjusted (gears etc.), all I had to do was attach the bars and wheels. And it came with a nice little Pedros multi tool to do it with.

edward2000
    Free Member

My mates Radon came in the biggest bike box in the world. All he had to do was soon the bars and but some pedals on

fr0sty125
    Free Member

It came with wheels fitted?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mail order bikes’ is closed to new replies.