Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mail going missing
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

What’s the process when you know your mail isn’t being delivered properly? I have at least 3 items over the past few weeks that I know have been sent to me but haven’t been delivered – a bizarre collection of a cheque, some socks and a magazine.

I presume the post office being as awkward as they are the complaints process won’t be easy.

daftvader
    Free Member

Give it a week or so and then if they have not come give customer service a shout, number is on the web sie. sometimes things just get delayed…

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve given it about three weeks for the socks and about the same for the cheque. Mag is a week later. I’ve called customer service but actually speaking to a person doesn’t seem to be an option on their retarded sub menu system.

plyphon
    Free Member

Do you use twitter and/or Facebook? Can try to contact them there.

daftvader
    Free Member

you could go to the delivery office and speak to who ever is your posties line manager or delivery office manager. it isnt likely to get your stuff to you unfortunately but it will highlight there is a problem, and you will still most likely have to go through customer service for any compensation, which tbf wont be alot unless the items were insured.

vickypea
    Free Member

My GP wrote to me a week ago and the letter hasn’t arrived!

andyrm
    Free Member

We had this issue at work – lots of product samples being sent to us going AWOL.

I went in and threatened them with the Police, saying I would report them for theft if they didn’t resolve within 24 hours. The sorting office manager said to me that Police involvement could shut the entire operation while it was investigated. “Exactly” was my reply. We got a call the next day to say they had “located” some parcels that had been mislaid.

I’d suggest you strongarm them, totally avoid their pathetic and slow complaints process. Just go straight in with the line that you think either the postman or someone in the sorting office is stealing your mail and they need to get back to you within a few days or you will call the police. No way should you wait the 4/5 weeks or whatever it is.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Finally got to speak to a sensible person in customer service and they’ve now put a monitor on our incoming mail to the sorting office. First idiot I spoke to said it was up to the senders to complain even thought there is clearly a problem with items coming out to delivery not going into the sorting office. There will be an internal investigation but I don’t get any update on the outcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mail going missing’ is closed to new replies.