Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maibie House hotel
  • pipiom
    Free Member

If anyone’s heading Dumfries way to have a crack at some of the 7 Stanes, this place is the business. Phillipa and the crew couldn’t do enough for us. 16 rowdy,smelly peed up Manxies had an abolute blast.
    Perfect location; 4/5 Stanes within 1 hour (one on the doorstep); great food; loads of beer;and a great price.
    Brilliant long weekend.

br
    Free Member

+1

Had dinner there after a winters ride at Mabie and Dumfries, well fed and looked after.

PePPeR

One of my friends got married there!

Current Mrs P and I had a brilliant weekends cycling he got divorced a few years later…

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

Good to hear, I’ve got a pod booked for a couple of nights in August.

Which stanes did you do?

andy4d

Those pods look great. Only heard good things about Mabie house

Kieran

Good! just booked three nights in the pods for end of July

Kieran

Has anybody noticed they’ve had a sudden price increase?

My three nights are at the end of a week with the missus riding the 7Stanes, I was going to upgrade to a hotel room but the cost of the room seems to have gone from £70 to £90 per night 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

What’s the bar like in there, can you just pop in for a drink/food? Do they have decent beer?

I’m down that way fairly often but haven’t been there yet.

iainc

^^^^ bar is good. We were camping (no bikes) at Hoddam on a dads and kids weekend and went in for 3 pints and 10 plates of chips 🙂 There was a wedding on too and the place was very hospitable.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks Iain. Pints of what though – I need to know they have good beer to pull me away from the anchor in kippford 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Maibie House hotel’ is closed to new replies.