Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Magura Vyron… Anyone got one?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Following on from my thread about cable operated dropper posts as opposed to reverbs, I kinda started thinking the Magura Vyron might just be a good idea.

Anyone got one? Thoughts?

Also they seem to be 150mm drop only, I’m a bit worried this might be a touch long. I know I’ve got plenty of space with a 125mm Reverb, might even get a 150mm Reverb on ok, but how does the exposed length (i.e. From saddle rails to under the collar) on the Vyron compare? With my saddle height on the frame I’ve got 225mm exactly from rails to seat clamp, so if the Vyron is less than this, I might be good to go.

Got to admit that the easy swapability of the Vyron, given its a carbon XC bike that I’m planning on having 2 sets of wheels with too, appeals so I can easily swap to a rigid as and when required.

jes
    Free Member

I’ll go measure mine in a bit, bear with me.

I did find mine a tad long in the top position on the Nicolai causing a slight rock of the hips or a bit of faffing getting the height right, the only isdue I’ve had with the slight activation delay. However this was solved with 160 mm cranks which also helped with pedal strikes.

Back in 30 min or so 🙂

weeksy

Yup, I kinda like it, kinda don’t. The button and delay means i use it less than i would with a Reverb. I hear they’re designing a new button which may make me use it more.

It works really well, smooth, fast, effective, no problems at all…. But it is …. Different.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Thoughts?

I had one on an extended demo on a bike the back end of last year.

If you have used a decent dropper, with a paddle shifter be prepared to accept it is totally turd by comparison.

The only benefit is a lack of cables. Great idea, executed by children.

ferrals
    Free Member

What happened to the KS lev circuit wireless post, last year report were it was basically ready to go to market but not seen anything since? I guess that means they had issues? was meant to be much faster activating than the vyron

Denis99
    Free Member

@mboy

I will probably be selling mine, 31.6mm, hardly used.

Bought it and used it twice on my more xc ti hardtail. Since gone back to a carbon post.

Drop me a pm if interested, like new.

rOcKeTdOg

Riding buddy just bought one £233 delivered from Germany, seems pleased with it. I think the lag is only a problem if you’ve used a dropper before & are used to the speed, he hasn’t so knows no difference

weeksy

My issue is more the time when you want up/down/up/down/up/down at a trailcentre, at somewhere like BPW where it’s either down or up, it’s perfect… but switching up to down 5 times in a 30s section can be slightly irritating.

mboy
    Free Member

If you have used a decent dropper, with a paddle shifter be prepared to accept it is totally turd by comparison.

Was my fear… However… it’s for an XC Hardtail that otherwise wouldn’t have any kind of dropper. Hmmmm.

I will probably be selling mine, 31.6mm, hardly used.

Need a 30.9 but cheers for the offer.

Riding buddy just bought one £233 delivered from Germany, seems pleased with it. I think the lag is only a problem if you’ve used a dropper before & are used to the speed, he hasn’t so knows no difference

Yeah that’s my fear… Been using Reverbs for 4 years now and used to the instant reaction. But viewed as an alternative to no dropper post I’m trying to convince myself it’s the better alternative…

My issue is more the time when you want up/down/up/down/up/down at a trailcentre, at somewhere like BPW where it’s either down or up, it’s perfect… but switching up to down 5 times in a 30s section can be slightly irritating.

🙁

Bummer! Not what I wanted to hear… Setiously though, I’ve had SRAM eTap gears on my road bike, that’s wireless and it’s instantaneous! Why the delay on the Vyron?

weeksy

Dunno mate, you can hear it when you activate it, you get a winding motor noise, then bump…. it drops…. Again, when coming the other way, noise… then up.

I’m possibly not the best gauge as i’m not really a dropper kind of guy, i use it only at Afan/BPW, so i’m not a common user of them, or this one either.. Maybe you get used to it more the more you use it… But i rarely even fit it to my bikes.

z1ppy

I know it’s (was) only a magazine but TBH this should actually be worth noting, as they (lived) on advertising revenues. WhatMTB gave the Vyron a single star, as they had multiple examples and they all failed miserably…

jes
    Free Member

207 mm from top of seat clamp (slammed) to centre of saddle rail.

mboy
    Free Member

207 mm from top of seat clamp (slammed) to centre of saddle rail.

Cool, so at least it would fit. Cheers

WhatMTB gave the Vyron a single star, as they had multiple examples and they all failed miserably…

They’re on v2 now, have heard a lot of the v1 posts failed prematurely which was putting me off.

weeksy

Where you based ? You can demo mine if you’re close enough to say Swinley.

damascus
    Free Member

It was the 1 year warranty that put me off. Almost like they didn’t have a lot of faith in their own product.

Droppers arent known for their reliability

weeksy

2 year in UK.

damascus
    Free Member

Hi Weeksy,

Do you have a link to that?

I started a thread on this about 3 months ago and it was the comments and 1 year warranty that put me off.

If it’s a 2 year warranty it might be worth a punt.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/magura-vyron-dropper-post-wireless

weeksy

Hmmm. I’ll have to think/recall. I think it was directly through Merlin I saw it.

jes
    Free Member

If you any where near Worcestershire you welcome to try it out.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Only reason I’m selling mine is because it didn’t fit my Stumpy frame (31.6).

I got used to the slight delay and it’s been faultless over a year.

Someone was selling the button cover in the classifieds recently. I’ve not seen them for sale yet.

I now have a BikeYoke Revive. It’s been good so far, but there’s a bit of rocking movement in it and I’ve had to use the “revive” feature a few times.

nixie

I like mine. Came from multiple reverbs and no regrets. The action is nice and the delay is an overhyped non-issue in my view.

I’m not the sort of rider to make five adjustments in 30s of trail though (would loose too much peddling time regardless if dropper). Just drop it and go.

Travel to travel they are shorter overall than the reverb. I couldn’t fit a 150mm reverb in my frame but the vyron fits with a few mm to spare. The seal head collar is much smaller height wise.

Out of interest when did the V2 take over and what issues did the v1 have? Not sure which I have.

nixie

Since my last post I’ve got hold of the new button cover. It’s a vast improvement over the tiny button and better then the sugru hack I had been using. I got mine from magura direct but I did see the on CRC today for £11.

My only complaint with the remote now is it moves a little. Going to add a spare lock on collar to stabilise it.

jes
    Free Member

Crap spent £24+ 2 weeks ago for the button cover from a German site, 50 % of the cost was postage, grrr.

However it is awsome and makes the operation way easier.

nixie

Yeah annoying, I’ve been looking for ages since their existence was first rumoured.

weeksy

Thanks! I’ll be buying one assuming I get my post back. Was sent to Merlin due to creaking.

weeksy

Well that’s good…. I guess.

Sent my post to Merlin for the creaking, Magura have sent out a new seatpost today, fingers crossed.

I’ll now also order one of these which is a new remote post cover/button. The standard one is a bit fiddly and small, i’ve been waiting for this for a while after seeing it on an article.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/magura-vyron-remote-cap/rp-prod161699

weeksy

I tried out the new button, it’s magic ! Absolutely spot on and sorts out any issues the previous one has ! Lovely 🙂

trap6
    Free Member

Mine’s decided too stop working after only 1/2 dozen 2 hr rides,been charged correctly but the remote doesn’t seem too work,also some play with post/shaft,will be sending back too crc:(

scottfitz
    Free Member

I have one for sale if anyone wants one £180 posted
    31.6mm, 150mm drop, full working order.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Magura Vyron… Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.