Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Magura Thor
  • Gordymac
    Free Member

Any experiences of Magura Thor forks? Has anyone had some long enough to comment on long term performance/ durability? Any info welcomed.

Cheers.

heihei

Mine didn’t like a week of freezing conditions in the lakes and feel like they need a service. Seem more reliable than the Wotans they replaced though! Performance-wise, the reviews are spot-on – light and stiff, but blow through the travel unless you use the Albert platform. Travel adjust lever is ugly too.

nickc

Mixed. Took me ages to find it’s sweet spot (there’s a very fine line between blowing through it’s travel, and it being unresponsive). Finally getting to it now, but it really is a matter of a few PSI. The other things are good, very stiff, steers, and tracks well, feels bomb proof, paint’s nice. Compression damping is adjustable to get it just right for long rocky descents. All good. Now, mine cracked along the top of the left drop-out, dealing with Magura was a less happy experience than I thought it was going to be.

Overall…If you like fiddling with forks, go for it. If you like a “one setting does it all” fork then it’s not for you.

heihei

Agreed dealing with Magura is a mixed experience. Only after hassling the UK sales rep did I get any joy on replacement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Magura Thor’ is closed to new replies.