Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magura Odur
  • spock
    Free Member

Since my fox's started packing up ive been looking at magura odur, all the reviews i read speak highly of them. anyone had any experience with them? Is the travel smooth and consistent, i currently use 130mm fox's so it'd be stepping down 30mm, How are they generally?

spock
    Free Member

no-one?

sherry
    Free Member

Good fork for the money, very stiff and nice suspension action. Bad side is they can clunk like the bush's are gone when new and have a harsh top out. It is a basic fork but then less can go wrong with it. Mine were the 07 models and didn't have them long as I went up to 130mm forks. You might regret going down to a 100mm fork.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i've got menja's,

plush, very very plush, almost no stiction

downside is the damping is basic, the rebound is neither high nor low speed so if you set the rate at which you want it to extend (in my case quick) correctly then it tops out, if you stop the top out it's quite slow. But thats my preference and it's not realy noticable when riding.

avdave2

How heavy are you. At 60kg I can't get full travel out of my 85's despite having the softest spring and the spacers removed. They are heavy but they work well. I went for them because I wanted something low maintenance and reliable and I haven't been disappointed. I haven't been able to find any user service guides for them and the Magura website suggests they are not user serviceable. However if they do need doing I'll probably give it a go myself as it seems silly to pay for servicing on a relatively cheap fork.

tommid
    Free Member

I had a set(Only sold them as the steerer was to short). For the money they were fantastic. Smooth travel, easy to get all the travel. Stiff as you like and I weight in at about 16 stone. On the whole fantastic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magura Odur’ is closed to new replies.