Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Magura MT7 / MT5 pads
  • kaysee

Evening all.

I have one bike with MT7 brakes, and I’ve just put MT5 on another. MT7 come with four small pads, MT5 come with two longer pads that look like the four pads arrangement, just joined together. The 7 pads have retaining pins, the 5 pads use a hook at the top to keep them in.

However, both brakes can use the same pads. I have have a pile of MT7 pads I can use in the MT5, except I don’t have the threaded retaining pins to hold them in.

Rather than buying more spare pads, does anyone know if\where it’s possible to buy the pins without pads? I need four, and I’ve found titanium ones online for quite a lot of money.

Failing that, does anyone have a set of MT7 pins they don’t need from old pads(they come with some expensive genuine Magura pads, that may be a way I can get my hands on some).

woodster

I’ve just got some split pins in mine. It works.

But if you find some bolts please post up. Or if anyone knows which companies supply bolts with their pads.

matt_outandabout

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Magura/11/#m-11665

These chaps (and more) seem to sell every last nut and bolt for Magura.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteandsoo
    Free Member

what woodster said. It works and they are cheap so not a problem if you lose them

kaysee

Magura UK have replied to an email I sent, apparently the pins are only available with pads, not separately.

‘Titaniumplanet’ online sell four pins for 16 Euros, I may just do that as I have a large pile of pads so I don’t want to buy more.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Magura MT7 / MT5 pads’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts