Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magura MT Brake lever issue….threaded clamp bolt. Any fixes??
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Anyone else had issues with magura mt brake levers? Had a slight off and the brake lever clamp bolt has pulled out of the lever body (ooo errrr), stripping the plastic threads out. So now only one of the 2 bolts has any purchase, and the clamp spins on the bar too easily to ride.

Brake lever was only clamped so it was snug, so that in the event of a crash the lever would spin and not get wrecked. I’m really surprised that this has happened. Looks like I’ll be needing a new brake!

Anyone had this before? Any fixes?

gonzy
    Free Member

not seen this issue before but i know 2 people who have the mt7 and mt8. one had a small crash at bpw and snapped the lever off just where reach adjuster is located…this resulted in a complete new lever
    the other one lost the reservoir cap on his lever while it was on the roof rack…luckily the diaphragm stayed in place until he got home…took magura about 4 weeks to send a replacement to him

have spoken to the lads at my LBS about this and they reckon they are both design flaws to an otherwise very good brake

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Yeh I like the performance a lot, just seems odd to have plastic threads on the lever!? Oh well, might be time to switch back to trusty slx

beagle
    Free Member

I’ve given up on magura after being a fanboy for years. Clamp made of cheese on last version of louise – ok possibly deliberately so to avoid other damage, but at least make spares readily available and somewhere/someone who can be assed in the UK to deal with getting spares in. Cost me an extortionate amount to sort not to mention time. Also another design fault at the lever on another model. Shame IMO as they used to be sooo good and reliable.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Yeah, just been quoted £120 for a new lever!!!

wwaswas

Magura are changing their sales channels into the UK again so it may remedy the supply/service/spares situation.

re: the OP – that two part epoxy metal stuff might enable you to build a new thread? fill the hole with it, screw the fastener in, clear the excess off and leave to dry?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magura MT Brake lever issue….threaded clamp bolt. Any fixes??’ is closed to new replies.