Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Magura Marta SL problems…
  • littledoughall
    Free Member

Despite bleeding several times, and seemingly removing all air bubbles. My rear Marta SL keeps loosing pressure. I zipped them up overnight and they worked great for a couple of hours. After that I can pull the rear lever all the way to the bar.

Any suggestions?

Ta

D

mistertee
    Free Member

I had Marta’s a while back, and they were never without problems. Bled them so many times!!! Bin them.

Finally snapped, swapped to XT’s… problem sorted. Latest bikes are Hope and same… just really good, no issues.

Hope that helps.

wwaswas

I’ve had 3 sets of Martas for 4 years. Bled each one once and never had any problems.

My Louise’s have been reliable too.

In the OP’s case it sounds like a seal’s gone and is letting air in. I’d contact Magura uk and see what they say.

titusrider
    Free Member

Mine have been faultless really, bled the rear once one one of my bikes

+1 for contact magura uk and get them ‘overhalled’ (make sure you send them back with magura pads in or the warranty is void)

oxym0r0n

I think you will find that is almost certainly the seals in the Master cylinder that have gone I’m afraid 🙁

What year are they? Are they still within the 5-year leakproof warranty? Mine went recently on the back = new levers. I still have a front one that works in my spares box.

Great brakes but the older seals were a bit prone to failing (I have 2 sets!!)

Mike is who you need to speak to – always been very helpful:

Racemechanic.co.uk Ltd
    +44 (0)7773 453 681
    providing Technical Support to:
    Magura
    Moda
    American Classic
    Moda-BikeMagic Racing Team (UCI MTB Team 2012)

http://www.maguraspares.com
    http://www.racemechanic.co.uk

EDIT: Don’t “bin them”!

gee
    Free Member

Yep – sounds like a seal. Send them to Magura.

GB

littledoughall
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses…

I blogged them out of a spares box, I’ve got another set of brakes to go on, but wondered if there was a quick/cheap fix.

Initial contact suggests £100+ for a replacement.

wwaswas

Have a look in the CRC price drop they have some martas

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Don’t know if it’s the same guy as above but when I called the Magura UK service centre for a warranty claim they were really helpful. 01530 414142.

Don’t bin them! Fantastic brakes!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Magura Marta SL problems…’ is closed to new replies.