Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magura Marta SL pads
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I’ve got Marta SLs on 2 bikes, probably about 3 years old, and have had other older Martas before. I like them.

But…. The pads are doing my head in.

With the older Martas the standard shaped pads always fitted from whoever you got them from. Even superstar.

With these SL ones those pads, which most pad sellers say are correct, appear to be wrong, and it is actually the 2007 Louise pads with the round backing which are needed.

Ok so far.

Virtually all the non OEM pads in this shape I have bought have needed filing in various places to get them to fit… It’s a pain.

Can anyone recommend any pads which fit every time out of the packet, other than the 20 quid a shot magura ones… ?

Ta

JamesD
    Free Member

I remember this problem!

Not sure if the SLs are different but on my standard Martas (black calipers, black & grey levers), the Aztec pads fit fine.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. I had this. Plus the cheaper ones never work as well as Magura pads or last as long. So now I only buy proper Magura pads. Problem solved.

ce9adp
    Free Member

Make sure you’re getting pads for the correct year marta. They changed, I think in 2009? Pads look very similar to the earlier ones, but have a kink in the leg. Magura 5.1/5.2 are the earlier one, 6.1/6.2 the later. Like PP, I’ve not found anything to match original Magura pads – try German sites / ebay to save a few quid.

ChrisE
    Free Member

I find a quick rub with a steel file sorts them out.

C

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Thanks chaps – glad to hear it’s not just me.

ChrisE – yep that’s what I have to do. Just a pain having to do this before sticking them in the pack as spares. I’d hope something non-Magura fitted.

I’ll try the aztecs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magura Marta SL pads’ is closed to new replies.