Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Magura Marta SL – Brake Pads
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Does anyone know if there have been two types of brake pads for the Magura Mart SL?

I’ve got a set of brakes that came with pads, all brand new, but the pads don’t fit. Wondering if the pads are for a different year’s Marta SL or not?

The calipers have two prongs that stick out of each side near where the pin that holds the pads in goes. These foul the edge of the pads by a couple of mm. I’m also wondering whether these prongs should have been machined away during manufacture, so if anyone has these brakes and can advise on whether they have those prongs too that would be useful.

Thanks!

tracknicko
    Free Member

i *think* you want magura 6.1

that look right?

ce9adp
    Free Member

Older Martas (pre 2009?) used the magura 5.1/5.2 pads. The newer model take the 6.1/6.2. The pad shapes are similar, but they are not compatible.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

as ce9adp says, I’ve made that mistake as well. 😳

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Ok, the pads I’ve got are 5.1s, the brakes I think are the newer ones. Will let the seller know I need different pads. There’s a bleed port grub-screw missing too, so I need one of those sending too.

titusrider
    Free Member

just while Marta users are here i was told when on the phone to Magura about my martas that they will not warranty a brake that arrives for repair with non- genuine magura pads in place……

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Just checked and realised that the pads for my Magura Louise (2010) brakes fit perfectly. Are these 6.1 pads?

Cheers

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

They also won’t sell me a set of seals for a Magura Louise brake.

What do they do if you send the brakes to be fixed without any pads at all?

seadog99
    Free Member

Talking of Marta’s, struggling to get mine bled, really hard to get all the air out. Tried pulling, pushing, banging the caliper with rubber handled screwdriver, banging all the lines, still can’t get all the air out.

Any tips

cheers

Jas

specialknees
    Free Member

Had a fair bit of dealing with Martas and yes, there are two types of pad.
    The ones in the pic have a roundish backplate and fit the older type.
    The ones you get from Superstar etc are a more squarer shape and dont fit but do if you file the at each end a bit, wouldnt recommend it but I have done it to get me out on the trails.
    Bleeding the things is a nightmare, the front is not too bad due to orientation of the calliper but rears because the nipple is effectively half way down, if that makes sense.
    The solution is to turn the bike rear-up when bleeding. I string it up from my garage roof so the rear is up off the ground by about 3ft.
    They are great brakes when they are working but just too much agro IMHO.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Now I look at the 6.1s again, they do look the same as the ones that I use on my Louise brakes, so I’ll assume they’re the right pads. Have made a note about the bleeding method, I did think the ports looked in an odd place for a good bleed, will see how they go when the hose connectors arrive.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Magura Marta SL – Brake Pads’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts