Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Magura Louise FR 2007 IS – what rotor size for direct mount (no adaptors?
  • Farticus

Bought these off Classifieds as love Magura brakes. Both calipers are IS.

Rear fits with a 160mm rotor with no adaptor, but front (again with no adaptor) mounted direct to IS mount doesn’t – 160mm rotor only just reaches the pads. It looks like a 180mm would do as there’s “about” 1 cm gap to the top of the caliper from the rotor’s edge, but “about” isn’t good enough.

Anyone know what rotor size I need, or are there different calipers?!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got some 2006 Louise FRs, IS mount. Front is 180mm. I would imagine yours are the same. I can’t see them having a 203mm front and a 160mm rear unless they are a mismatched pair….

Great brakes though, look after them and they’ll last a very long time! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OHHHHH! best way to check is to compare the mounting holes on both calipers, if they look identical (As in how far they stick out from the caliper) it’s a 180mm front, 160mm rear. 2 identical mounts always have 20mm extra on the front. Forgot that!! 🙂

Farticus

Cheers – will check. Think they’re 04-06 style (as they’re the same as my old 04’s that I misguidedly sold). Certainly looks like 180 would be right.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Same as PP here, 2006 Louise FR 180 and 160

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Here, like this

Untitled by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

As you can see both callipers are IDENTICAL. The shape of the mounts and the size of them especially.

99% of callipers are like this: If the mounts are the same then it’s a 20mm bigger disc on the front. It’s the way of the world.

Easiest way to check for sure would be to bolt the front calliper to the rear of your bike with the 160mm disc attached, and if it fits perfectly, you’ll need a 180mm for the front.

Hope that helps 🙂

Farticus

Yep – sorted. Need 180mm. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Magura Louise FR 2007 IS – what rotor size for direct mount (no adaptors?’ is closed to new replies.