Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Magura Louise BAT Lever Mods – need lever closer
  • jeff

I have a few sets of these on mine and my wife’s bikes and have always wanted to be able to get the lever a bit closer to the bars. [The BAT version of the lever, has a minimum reach that is about 1cm further out than the non-BATs]

There’s a few other people who have the same problem but I thought I was stuck with it. Now I’ve found this post saying it might be possible to fit a longer reach adjust bolt and get the same reach as a non-BAT lever.

Magura Tech’s opinion (second post)

Anyone out there tried this? I am going to give it a go for the price of a few bolts.

[Please no “you’re going to die” comments 🙂 Will make sure that the levers aren’t hitting the bars etc.]

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Not trying to hijack the thread, but do you find these brakes powerful?

I have a 180mm on the front and I find them lacking in power on big descents – barely pulls an endo – not sure this is right?

I’m going to bleed them, but I wonder if this is the problem or if they are just not very powerful. My friend has Saint 2pots, and both these and Juicy 3s I had before seem to be in a totally different league.

I’m 11.5 stone.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not trying to hijack the thread, but do you find these brakes powerful?

Hell yes!
    I’ve got Louise FRs from 2004, non BAT Louises and Louise BAT Carbons and all of them have oodles of oomph. 🙂
    I had Jucy 3s before the non BATs and they were poor in comparison. I’m 16 stone.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got them and can’t get a good bleed, they are a bugger!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

ohdear

I am going to do it myself, eerk.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Piece of piss to bleed! If you’re anywhere near Farnborough, Hants, give me a shout (email in profile) and I can help you out
    You ARE using GENUINE Magura pads, aren’t you?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OP, to get back on track, if you want to swap your BATS for my non-BAT levers I might be up for that! Email in profile. 🙂

jeff

PP, Maybe! But let’s see how I get on with the new bolts first.

Why do you want BAT out of interest? It’s one of those things that you don’t realise you don’t need until you have it.

More info on BAT/non Bat levers here

Gofasterstripes, these are the best brakes I’ve ever used. I’m 13.5 stone. I run 205 + 180 rotors with loads of power and they have never faded once even with several trips to the alps, the mega etc. And I comfort brake a lot!

They have never needed bleeding or any kind of servicing either.

Looks like epic bleed do a nice kit on ebay for 16 quid or so

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ll be getting a bleed kit of some sort and perhaps looking for a 200mm rotor too.

WiretownMan
    Free Member

I have some non-BAT louise levers for sale or swap for BAT. I swapped these out for shimano levers as the reach was too close to the bars.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why do you want BAT out of interest? It’s one of those things that you don’t realise you don’t need until you have it

Because, as in this thread, they sit further out, and I like that. I’m a fan of, err, very powerful brakes that bite as soon as you think about touching the lever. 🙂

jeff

Hmm, I’ll have to try the adjusters out and refresh my memory, but I think that the BAT knob allows you to move the bite point from the standard non-BAT position, closer towards the bars. i.e. opposite of what you want

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I always feel the bite is too close to the bars already, but then it seems mine are mis-fettled.

jeff

Got some bolts – will be testing soon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Magura Louise BAT Lever Mods – need lever closer’ is closed to new replies.