Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Magura Louise BAT 09 bleed problem
  • mrl

I have been trying to bleed a 09 Louise BAT EBT and I am having some major problems. The brakes are new (about 3 months). I bleed them using the method described in the manual, lever at 15 etc. It took along time, about 20 phases of pushing the oil (3/4 of a syringe) through and sucking it back to the brake body. There are some very fine bubble that I can never quit get rid of.

I then put the ebt plug back in and then unscrew the bleed port adaptor, at this point quiet a lot of oil runs out of the bleed port before I get a chance to put the allen bolt in. Is this normal?

I then tried bleeding them again the same way (I also took more care to try and get more air out) but when it came to taking out the bleed port adaptor I angled the bike so the calliper was level with the lever (keeping the syringe above the calliper at all times). I then took the out the adaptor and replaced the allen bolt. No fluid escaped. However the lever still feels very soft and the bite point adjuster has to be on maximum to stop the lever from hitting the bars.

Also there is a little bit of oil escaping from the little air hole in the reservoir cap, near the ‘oil’ print, is it normal? a little oil mut be getting above the seal.

So any ideas on how to get a good bleed? I don’t normally have a problem bleeding brakes to an okay standard, never perfect but better then straight to the bars.

Cheers

wwaswas

it does sound like you're letting air back in the system at some point in the process.

I've only used the 'old' method where you take the piston cap off and keep topping the reservoir up and found it quite easy to get air back in if I didn't keep the reservoir topped up.

not much help, really, sorry.

mrl

I might try the old method and a bit more patience. Anyone else have any ideas?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    giantjason
    Free Member

i have always used the method below and got good results. Similar to wwaswas i use the old method on the new magura design as it seems to give better results.

http://promechanics.com/resource-library/tutorials/magura/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Magura Louise BAT 09 bleed problem’ is closed to new replies.