Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Magura booster not for sale!!!!!!
  • lds1973
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-easton-ea50-stem-and-magura-hs33-brake-booster

still trying hard to sort it out, just thought you should all be aware of these type of people.

CHB

Yes I know, theres impatient sods everywhere.

MrNutt
    Free Member

this is why this countrys in the state that its in!

Liftman

Is it bombers time yet ?

lds1973
    Free Member

6-8 weeks delivery i think.

Pigface
    Free Member

chunkymonkey is a regular isn’t he? No need to panic I am sure.

Bregante

I’ve had items off chunky. If he says he’s sent it, he’s sent it.

Edit: I’m still waiting for stuff bought from Amazon between Christmas and New Year. They’ve dispatched it but it’s stuck in the post, apparently. I wouldn’t stress too much.

seba560
    Free Member

32 pages of posting history v 2 posts!!!
    I’d hang on a bit longer newbie shouty person, there’s probably a genuine reason.

Markie
    Free Member

I’d hang on a bit longer newbie shouty person, there’s probably a genuine reason.

😆

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Kettles on, if you fancy a cuppa

….that is if you have the patience to wait for it to boil of course

lds1973
    Free Member

regardless of history he hasn’t been a very good communicator.

derrr my only 2 posts MR Smarty pants are this one and the one asking if the booster is still for sale? I’m very sorry if I should of posted lots more before buying something of here, i didn’t realise it was a prerequisite.

Your telly me 3 weeks is OK for something that can be put in an envelope and go with the regular mail? I think not and you can stick your cuppa ta.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Your telly me

i’m getting that printed up on some t-shirts

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Maybe buy a copy of this and have a read while you wait?

nealglover
    Free Member

I’d hang on a bit longer newbie shouty person

And you’re an Old Timer with your 2 months service I suppose 😉

To be fair, 3 weeks is a bit long for something that can go straight into a post box in a Jiffy bag ??

Dancake
    Free Member

I have always been distrustful of long delivery times until recently when I was the culprit!

I sold a stem on here sent it off within a couple of days via myhermes. I got an email from Hermes after 3 weeks saying they failed to deliver (my mistake on the address).

After getting the right address, the item was delivered ok. The recipent was patient and very cool about it!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hah! IDS, we got ya. This whole site is an elaborate trap to trick noobs like you out of your money. It the last 12 years we’ve made 13.67

Junkyard
    Free Member

think the OP has a point tbh I assume he has tried e-mail as well as commenting on the thread so what else is he supposed to do to get a response?

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of items I posted 1st class recorded with Royal Mail take almost 2 weeks to arrive recently.
    So obvious reason for it but it does sometimes happen.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

There are some strange folks on the classifieds just like there are in the outside world.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Junkyard – think the OP has a point tbh I assume he has tried e-mail as well as commenting on the thread so what else is he supposed to do to get a response?

Yes he has a point but there are ways of going about things.

How about a polite post saying “I bought an item from member XYZ, it hasn’t turned up and I’ve been unable to get hold of him so far. Has anyone else heard from XYZ recently?”

Rather than a warning about ‘these types of people’ ?

Cougar

Quite.

I’d expect that someone with a long history in the classifieds is fairly unlikely to suddenly rip someone off intentionally over a seven quid piece of plastic. There’s obviously something amiss, if he claims it’s been posted then it’s presumably lost / delayed in the post.

Not answering emails is irritating, but from the thread the sender is saying that he’s not received the mail. Again, there could be a number of reasons for this (including being a lying toad, ofc).

So whilst it’s possible that the whole thing has been an elaborate ploy to make a quick £7.50, it seems unlikely.

lds1973
    Free Member

For a moment I did think this site was run by a mastermind criminal laundering money but you have all put my mind at rest.

I did try asking if anyone had heard from chunkymonkey but the experienced posters on here should know that “paging” posts are not allowed.

We are talking 3 weeks here, we are talking one reply to the post and no replies to emails (email address from paypal and here). What am i supposed to think? I dont know his previous sales. Put yourself in my shoes. £7.50 is not a great deal but its the principle isn’t it, people on here should be trustworthy and from the evidence I have chunkymonkey is not.

lds1973
    Free Member

Your telly me

i’m getting that printed up on some t-shirts

There is always one who picks up on spelling mistake isn’t there, well done you must feel real proud never to have made a spelling or grammar mistake in your whole life.

ps I actually made another spelly mistake there and had to edit it. I feel so ashamed.

glupton1976
    Free Member

It’s not a spelling mistake that you’re guilty of, it’s ripping the heart out of the language.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’d expect that someone with a long history in the classifieds is fairly unlikely to suddenly rip someone off intentionally over a seven quid piece of plastic.

Hehehe

ScottChegg
    Free Member

another spelly mistake there

Maybe he’s received your mails, but doesn’t understand them?

Or maybe he’s putt-y it in a box, and will be go-y to the Post Office Monday.

Weather permitty, obviously.

Cougar

voodoo_chile

Chunky is a stw old timer, must be a reason for it, lds 1973 no need to worry mate either way

lds1973
    Free Member

Scottcheg what a sucker. Think about it?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Probably Royal Mails fault?

sausagefingers
    Free Member

clicky the googlepic and laffy lord it up 😆

lds1973
    Free Member

Biscuit Powered – Member

Junkyard – think the OP has a point tbh I assume he has tried e-mail as well as commenting on the thread so what else is he supposed to do to get a response?

Yes he has a point but there are ways of going about things.

How about a polite post saying “I bought an item from member XYZ, it hasn’t turned up and I’ve been unable to get hold of him so far. Has anyone else heard from XYZ recently?”

Rather than a warning about ‘these types of people’ ?

Just how long should I have been polite for?

Ive tried contacting him politely all ways available to me.

Of course I dont think he is trying to rip me off intentionally but you expect a certain level of trust and communication when entering into a deal like this. I in my opinion havent had the trust and communication I have given returned to me. If that was the case I wouldnt be posting this would I?

I want a booster for my bike and wanted that yellow magura one. Funily enough I still want one but I have paid for one and I dont know if its coming, if its not coming or whatever. I dont particulary want to buy another one incase I end up with two. Communication is the key here, he has said hes posted it but he was going to check and get back to me, he aint got back to me yet.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yeah, fair points. Sometimes things get frustrating and it feels like there’s nothing left to do but vent. Been there, done that. 😡

Hope it gets sorted for you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A quick look at his posting history says nothing for 5 days, I’m guessing he’s on holiday for a week (probably on the profits from selling 5003 Magura Brake Boosters)

Most likely is he posted it around christmas and it’s sitting in a post bag somewhere while the RM sot it out.

It’s a PITA for all involved and I’m sure no one ever thinks about recorded/registered post on something that is £7.50 posted.

Stop for a second take a deep breath – the responses here (well some of them) should have reassured you that it’s not a scam and probably a misunderstanding/lost parcel issue.

Wait until monday and see if he pops back with a reply.

Cougar

Of course I dont think he is trying to rip me off intentionally

you should all be aware of these type of people.

lds1973
    Free Member

I’m guessing he’s on holiday for a week

could he not of told me this on his one and only re-post?

Most likely is he posted it around christmas

paid for on the 29th Dec so posted well after christmas.

the responses here (well some of them) should have reassured you that it’s not a scam and probably a misunderstanding/lost parcel issue.

I know its not a scam, havent I already said that? Stop, take a deep breath and read what I have already posted. Youll get it Im sure.

lds1973
    Free Member

Cougar, you are gonna have to explain the pictures to me, I dont know who they are or what they are meant to mean. Im sorry if your efforts have failed on me. Maybe some of the other posters on here find them funny/ offensive/ sarcastic/ witty/ supportive/ kind or whatever they are.

Thanks for your time though.

Cougar

What I was trying to say, in what I hoped was a jocular fashion, is that you appear to be contradicting yourself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

apologies if it came over a little strong….

Generally anything between the 20th December and 1st proper week in Jan will be dicey in the post office, and generally what I’d call around Christmas (ish sort of still before new year people still off work drinking and over eating etc) with heaps of public holidays and backlogs of late posted & ordered stuff. I’ve had post all about a week late a few times just turning up in a bundle that had probably got stuck somewhere.

Not replying is poor form and should result in a black mark, if he doesn’t pop back on Monday then thats more of an issue.

I did read what you have posted but tbh it’s a bit all over the place 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Who knows, but I’m fairly sure I wouldn’t feel the need to tell someone I sold something to and posted the items to that I was going away as I’d take the simply assumption that it would get there no problem, which is what happens most of the time. However, I can see the receiver might find it highly worrying if I didn’t reply.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Magura booster not for sale!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.