Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Magnetic bracelets. Snake oil?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Anyone use the things. Several people have suggested I try them for arthritic joints. There are lots about from 7 quid jobbies on eBay to ten times that from someone like Bioflow.
    Your experiences please.
    I know that many years ago family members swore by copper . Good use of old piping.

scruff9252

Snake oil? in short, yes.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Distilled snake oil.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep

kimbers

Other than the
    Effect

Its just BS

whatnobeer
    Free Member

There’s actually too much magnetic effect in them, you want something with just 1/10000000 to get the real benefit….

Rubber_Buccaneer

You will get ten times the zero effect from Bioflow.

aracer
    Free Member

7 quid? You’re being robbed. I’ll sell you something just as effective for a fiver. Paypal gift?

Northwind

It is snake oil, yes. But it’s oil from the same space-snakes who make up our royal family, and therefore magical.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

7 quid? I’ll do you three for 25 (PP Gift) mine are the correct ones as some of the ebay ones have non directional magnets in them or worse ones aligned the wrong way, you don’t want to know what happens if you put one of them on.

iolo
    Free Member

What about copper bracelets then? Any better?

thebrowndog
    Free Member

What about copper bracelets then? Any better?

Dad has been wearing copper bracelets for over 10 years. Swears blind that if he removes it his arthritis starts to act up. It’s crippling him, so even if its all in his head, if it helps keep him active and manage his pain then we’re complaining.

shermer75
    Free Member

Of course it’s snake oil. What you really need is a £2,000 yoga mat:

As endorsed by the Noel “Electro Smog” Edmonds

BillMC

A tad harsh ?

vickypea
    Free Member

If you look on the NHS website, it says that a randomised double-blinded, placebo-controlled study showed that magnetic or copper bracelets are useless at relieving pain from arthritis.

slackalice
    Free Member

Take a risk, live on the edge and try something that may or may not work for you. It’s your world and you may discover that not everything is black and white, right or wrong and that in fact, there are many shades in between.

Unless of course external validation from similarly minded fearful middle-aged people is important for you.

You probably won’t die from wearing one. Not that death in itself is the worst that can happen.

sandboy

My doctor once explained why my wrist became painful if I removed my copper bracelet. He told me that people with chronic arthritic symptoms were given pure gold injections to help with the pain and my copper bracelet I’d a similar thing releasing metallic properties through my skin into my bloodstream. All I know is that without wearing my bracelet, the pain returns within a few days.

al2000

Not bracelet related, but a friend has had a dramatic and (so far) lasting improvement to his arthritis by cutting out all nightshade fruits and vegetables from his diet.

slackalice
    Free Member

Actually, having just been reminded by Mrs Slack, she uses nettles and what could be regarded as very mild self-flagellation.

Once a year, she administers the nettles to her wrists and hey presto, no problems for a year or so.

Cheaper than the bracelets and once your past the intense tingling of the histamine, slight swelling and redness, it all settles down.

Unless of course if you’re allergic to nettles, in which case, probably best not to.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Once a year, she administers the nettles to her wrists and hey presto, no problems for a year or so.

No problems of any kind? We talking traffic jams too?

shermer75
    Free Member

A tad harsh ?

No offence intended towards the OP, I just find Noel Edmonds ghoulishly fascinating

slackalice
    Free Member

Yep, no traffic jams or nuffink.

fasthaggis

What most people miss out on,is that to work properly the bracelets have to be properly aligned with the earth’s core. I have a map of all alignment methods needed for setting up the bracelets.Just send £6.66 via PayPal gift to devilmaycare@live.con .
    Peace

scotroutes

I’m confused. Is the snake oil used to help slip the bracelet on over your hand?

Where can I buy some. My local service station doesn’t have any but would Castrol be OK?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

again, there are some very different snake oils based on what type of snake you use, the common UK snakes are not very potent, however the range down here in Oz have a bit more kick. I can supply a range of Pure Australian Snake oil very resonably

Harry_the_Spider

A colleague of mine wears two of them with a hologram for extra “woo”.

He’s not dead, so it must work.

CheesybeanZ

Mikewsmith can you supply said snake oil in an ampoule that could be attached to a copper bracelet ???

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cash up front for that sort of stuff

vickypea
    Free Member

I may be middle-aged but I’m not “fearful”. I do appreciate that pain is a complex mechanism and there are ways of dealing with it without pain killers. I’m just saying that a controlled trial has not shown evidence that these bracelets work. If they did, we wouldn’t have people crippled by arthritis would we?

slackalice
    Free Member

In a metaphysical sense, dis-ease within oneself and ones place in ones world can manifest in many different ways.

Pain killers are, much like all medicine, sticking plasters. The root cause of something like arthritis will not be addressed by pain killers, although being able to live with it becomes less tiring. For some, copper bracelets will work for them. That is their truth. Who are we to nullify their truth?

My point being, unless you try to realise your own truth as to what works for you as an individual, then to sweepingly state that this doesn’t work or that doesn’t work because a few hundred people have indicated that it doesn’t, means rock all in the great scheme of things.

I doubt if clinical trials have been held or conducted to test the efficacy of nettles on arthritic joints and if they were, wonder what the results may show. However, in the test case of one, for that individual, they work. That is their truth and that is their reality.

To dismiss that is foolish

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m not sure you read my post, slackalice. I acknowledged that pain can often be managed without painkillers. I also know that pain killers aren’t a cure and they can even make things worse. I’m open both to people looking for what’s best for them whatever that may be, but I’m also open to evidence from controlled trials. You seem to have a somewhat closed mind towards scientific evidence.
    If people want to try copper bracelets of course they can, but I’m also allowed to suggest they might not work, except via a placebo effect.

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m not closed minded towards clinical trials at all. I do however remain mindful of the vast sums of money involved in research and development and the returns required.

Ultimately, it is important for the individual to find their own remedies that work best for them, be they clinically proven or otherwise.

NJA

I wear a copper and magnetic bracelet. Have done for over 15 years. Started wearing one when I got a constant nagging pain in my hip. The pain went away, and I have worn the bracelet 24/7 since. Was it coincidental, is it all in my head? I don’t care because my hip doesn’t hurt anymore.

CheesybeanZ

Cash up front for that sort of stuff

PayPal gift ?

Cougar

Take a risk, live on the edge and try something that may or may not work for you.

It’s that sort of wooly thinking that keeps these charlatans in business.

soobalias
    Free Member

so what i need is an ampule of snake oil in a copper and magnetic g-shock

im not certain but i think i have less pain since i bought diamond earings for my wife. need refreshing every couple of years tho, same with all crystals though i think

IanMunro
    Free Member

I don’t know about the pain thing, but I haven’t been attacked by a single werewolf since wearing one.
    Just saying.

Euro
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjWebKavfuI[/video]

CheesybeanZ

so what i need is an ampule of snake oil in a copper and magnetic g-shock

Would you like to buy a genuine simulated snakeskin strap with a magnetic clasp ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Magnetic bracelets. Snake oil?’ is closed to new replies.