Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maglite Solitaire LED conversion
  • bamboo
    Free Member

Has anybody here converted their maglite solitare to run an LED? There seem to be plenty of mini maglite conversion kits available, but I’m drawing a blank on the solitaire at the moment. I found mine underneath a pile of stuff yesterday and thought it too neat to throw out, but the performance is quite poor by modern standards.

Cheers

derek_starship
    Free Member

If I were you, I’d keep the Solitaire as it was made to be – incandescent and a bit poo output wise but well made.

Treat yourself to a mini LED torch.

Stoner
    Free Member

i converted my solitaire with a chip from ebay.

Its still not much of a light, but its 10x better than the original bulb.

this kind of thing
    http://www.amazon.com/BULB-SOLITAIRE-MAGLITE-KEYCHAIN-FLASHLIGHT/dp/B003BJNFVS

TBH, for the price, you might as well get a modern LED torch from one of the usual suspects, or even aldi/lidl/tesco

footflaps

I’d be surprise if you can’t find a conversion kit on Deal Extreme…

bamboo
    Free Member

Thanks. Can’t spot anything immediately obvious on DX, maybe I’ll have to end up with something on ebay/Amazon from the US: I haven’t found anything in the UK so far.

It is a funny one though; as it is I’m not going to use it as it is useless, but I don’t want to throw it out, as I’ve always liked the design.

Stoner
    Free Member

there doesnt seem to be very many manufacturers of the right voltage bi pin converter around these days – I guess it’s an osbolete spec.

But I did find this via google and ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-LIGHT-BULBS-BICYCLE-CYCLE-LAMP-FLASHLIGHT-MAGLITE-LANTERN-HEAD-TORCH-CREE-/261299764628?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&var=&hash=item3cd6adfd94

NL167 is the right spec apparently, but Id email and check.

But at £11. Id just not bother 🙂

I will take good care of mine though!

bamboo
    Free Member

Hmm, thinking more about it, I could buy a new Maglite Solitaire LED version for a couple of quid more than the cost of converting mine; it doesn’t make sense to be sentimental about a torch!

Cheers for your help though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maglite Solitaire LED conversion’ is closed to new replies.