Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Magicshine mj 906 and mj 908
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Me again…

Firstly apologies for the 5000000 threads I’ve started about lights.

Has anyone got either of these?

I don’t believe the lumen claims but I’m interested in the quality and beam brightness people have found.

Seem light a really good halfway house between the cheapest Chinese jobbies and really expensive exposure and 4fourth lights.

Any opinions and info much appreciated?

stevied
    Free Member

Not used either but, looking at the specs, I don’t think the lumen count is that far off.
    An XML led, when driven properly, can put out around 1000 lumens.
    You can normally expect about 80-90% efficiency with good optics/driver etc

chilled76
    Free Member

Read a few reviews that have tested it and say the 5000 lumen one is closer to 3200. Still a good chunk and at £110 seem like a solid product. I’m struggling to get over the rubber band mount all these lights seen to run on though!

iainc

It’ll be daylight evenings again by the time you buy a light 😀

chilled76
    Free Member

Lol you’re probably right. I am dithering about it but I want to get it right. Spent toon much on this Hope one that’s been a massive disappointment.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I’m very happy with the tiny mj900, for urban cycling I use the lowest static light mode, not sure what price PX are doing them for at the moment (a I paid 40, think they did briefly drop to 30 late summer).

iainc

Chilled, given the previous posts i suspect you will regret buying a non Exposure light. MaxxD IMO would be ideal, or 6pack if you need longer burn

chilled76
    Free Member

Yeh the 6 pack is what I really want. Wife’s on maternity at the min and I’m struggling to justify £360 on a light so going round in circles.

andywnpt

I bought one of the MJ906s about a month ago, really happy with it so far.
    Feels pretty well built ( for the price! ), all rides have been about 2 hours and there seems to be plenty of charge left, I would like it to have a charge level meter but hey ho, can’t have it all at that price.
    Using it mostly on the lowest setting even riding around technical singletrack ( Cafall Trail in Cwmcarn for example ), I’ve not felt the need to use it on max yet.
    It remains to be seen how it copes with a wet and muddy Welsh winter, I’d like a 6 pack too but saving for a new bike is more important ;o)

chilled76
    Free Member

Thanks Andy, have you compared it to any friends lights for brightness?

andywnpt

Yep, everyone I’ve ridden with has commented how bright the light is, don’t know what makes they are running as a comparison will ask around tomorrow. If I get chance will do a bit of go-pro film this week.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Magicshine mj 906 and mj 908’ is closed to new replies.