Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Magicshine MJ-880… anyone have one?
  • Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hello,

Does anyone here have an MJ-880? The 2x XML Magicshine light, rated at 2000 lumens.

I’ve found a couple of reviews, but would be interested to hear opinions, it looks to be a well made, and good value for money light.

Cheers

Butty

josecamel
    Free Member

Ditto, same question as Butty. It looks like a steal for what you get. I’ve been running the 808 for over a year and it’s the bollocks. Thinking that paired with an MJ-880 on a Y cable I’ll be like Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

singletracksurfer

I used it last night, with an 872 on the helmet. Bloody awesome.

Cars kept stopping down the lanes, which I thought was very polite, until I saw them shielding their eyes. Whoops.

Had to turn it right down when not riding at the front though as I was casting massive shadows for the rider in front.

Not run it for very long, but it does seem pretty robust and is amazing for the money.

http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/off-road-mtb-light-pack.html

davesmate
    Free Member

I bought one this week. Not had chance to use it on the bike yet but it’s a good piece of kit. Does away with all the useless tat of Magicshines in the past (did anyone ever use the sos function?) and is just a good light with 4 different brightness settings easily selected from 2 buttons. Multi coloured battery level indicator is a nice touch aswell and both light head and battery feel a lot more safely attached to the bike. If I had to have 1 moan (let’s face it, we all like a moan now and then)I’d say the battery is a bit on the bulky side

singletracksurfer

true, i’m not too fussed with weight but the battery is very bulky.
    Previous batteries were tidier, but I’d prefer bulk and long life (seemed short on its first run though, so maybe needs a couple of runs and good charges). Well sealed and easily mounted though.

Northwind

josecamel – Member

Thinking that paired with an MJ-880 on a Y cable I’ll be like Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

The 880 usually has a different connector to the simple round connector on the 808s, so might need a bit of finagling to get this to work.

tayls
    Free Member

Can anyone describe what the beam pattern is like please, does it throw the light very far forward, or much broad light?
    thanks

Flaperon

Previous batteries were tidier, but I’d prefer bulk and long life (seemed short on its first run though, so maybe needs a couple of runs and good charges)

Lithium batteries deliver full capacity from new.

smiff
    Free Member

“NOTE: Due to the improved connectors on this new model, it cannot be used with earlier Magicshine products. “
    ahh no, there was nothing wrong with old one. and £129 is not crazy cheap anymore. i saw the good review in a mag. anyone compared vs 872?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Magicshine MJ-880… anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.