Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • magicshine lights are actually magic
  • hooja
    Free Member

opened the box, all excited, plugged it in and "shazam" it turned on in a puff of smoke (and burning electrics)…
    looks like im going to be the only one NOT singing their praises.

Northwind

So send it back. DOA products are a fact of life, my mate's L&M Seca was dead on arrival too.

hooja
    Free Member

yeah i know, its just a bit more of a ball ache when your dealing with a company in hongkong.

spokebloke
    Free Member

I know everyone raves about the £50 wonder, but the fact remains if you'd bought in the UK you'd have a replacement by Friday. Hey ho.

hooja
    Free Member

bingo!

smudge
    Free Member

Out of interest Hooja, were did the puff of smoke come from? the battery, light or charger.

If its the charger whizz me an email

hooja
    Free Member

no not the charger smudge, It poured out of the body of the light, quite theatrical, i thought.

Northwind

It shouldn't be bad, I dealt with DX after I broke one of my torches (not a fault, i dropped it down a load of stairs) and after a slightly rough start they were pretty good. Hope it gets sorted quick

Jamie
    Free Member

Well I guess the OPs unit going pop has statically reduced the likelihood of mine being a duffer when it arrives. Law of averages and all that 😉

trout
    Free Member

that was the genie coming out to grant you your 3 wishes .

Right take the edge off buying something new when that happens .

cbrsyd
    Free Member

I know everyone raves about the £50 wonder, but the fact remains if you'd bought in the UK you'd have a replacement by Friday. Hey ho.

In my experience not if you bought from Lumilite 🙁

hooja
    Free Member

Wish i'd had the cash for one of yours trout! I didnt have high hopes for the dx build quality, but you makes yer choice..
    im just hoping the replacement sees me through the winter

trout
    Free Member

well seeing as the last 2 guys who had this offer did not take it up .

send my your address and I will get the Demo light that is floating about out there sent to you to keep you going till the replacement arrives .

Jamie
    Free Member

Can I borrow the demo light till…ohh…February Trout? 😉

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Shazam. Lol.

Not as dramatic but I posted my "burning" question earlier today on mtbr: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=651648

To be fair this is my sixth dx light (well 4 torches for different folk and 2 different magicshines) and its my first smoke incident. I still think I'm quids in but will be a bit more careful from now on!

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Trout do you sell empty housings?

trout
    Free Member

mikey

Yes can do depending which one

mini have stock
    liberator stock coming soon
    7UP just sold out and cant get more for a while

hooja
    Free Member

mr trout, you are a gent, thanks so much for the offer. Im tempted just to strap one of your lovely lights on my bike for a bit but a mate has leant me his spare.
    I know where my next light is coming from though 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No wonder it doesn't work – you let the smoke out!

Smoke is the thing that makes electrical circuits work. We know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of an electrical circuit, it stops working. This can be verified repeatedly through empirical testing.

For example, if one places a copper bar across the terminals of a battery, prodigious quantities of smoke are liberated and the battery shortly ceases to function. In addition, if one observes smoke escaping from an electrical component such as a Lucas voltage regulator, it will also be observed that the component no longer functions. The logic is elementary and inescapable!

The function of the wiring harness is to conduct the smoke from one device to another. When the wiring springs a leak and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works afterward.

With apologies to Joe Lucas Prince of darkness – the man who discovered this.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Trout it was the 7 up I was looking for actaully. Any idea When you'd have a few in?

Luminous
    Free Member

TJ.

Very amusing, good one.
    😉

EDIT: Oh and BTW, Top marks to the OP for use of the word

SHAZAM

😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘magicshine lights are actually magic’ is closed to new replies.