Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • magicshine gopro type light mount?
  • jsm

My new helmet has a gopro style light mount capability. anyone know if there’s a magicshine type one?

like this

ta,

stu

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

http://www.gearbest.com/led-accessories/pp_240917.html?wid=21

Just unscrew the mount from your existing light, all mine have had the same screw/thread. Just add some silicone sealant around wires etc, as sometimes the wires come through the rubber of the mount to seal them.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Afaik, that’s not the most secure/ least wobbly light mount.

There will be plenty more people with more sensible suggestions, but in the meantime, try searching for go pro skateboard mounts.

You unscrew the o ring mount from your magicshine and replace it with the skateboard style mount.

Edit…as above 😳

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’ve made a bodge up previously but just ordered the gear best ones.

Thanks for the link

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Afaik, that’s not the most secure/ least wobbly light mount.

The screw to the light is fine, the only issue is there’s less friction between the two parts of the go-pro mounts, because it’s aluminium an go-pros are plastic.

It works fine in a plastic mount (i.e. a go-pro one), less well in a aftermarket aluminium one, easily solved by putting a layer of electrical tape on each side of each of the fingers to give it something to compress when tightening the addapter.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Theres a few on thingiverse, I could print which ever one you want for £4 posted.

hexhamstu
    Free Member
    jmatlock
    Free Member

Hexhamstu – Would you be able to print me a Go pro mount for a Solar Storm X2, I will happily bung you a £10 via PP.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

No problem, made one for myself. my email is my username @gmail.com

Looks like this:

jmatlock
    Free Member

have emailed you brother.

mark90
    Free Member

Hexhamstu – Would you be able to print one of these?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:627020

New helmet has a gopro mount, I can’t find anything like this for mounting a torch. Considering all sorts of bodges but that mount is what’s needed really.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I can have a go, send me an email. myusername at gmail.com

mark90
    Free Member

e-mailed, thanks 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘magicshine gopro type light mount?’ is closed to new replies.