• This topic has 32 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Dave.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Magic Rock Tap Bike Day – This Sunday 12 – 19.00 in Huddersfield
  • Dave
    Free Member

If you’re after something to do this Sunday Magic Rock Tap has a Bike Day from 12 -19.00, we’ll be showing a film of our new feature at 3pm. And there’s beer to be drunk too, what more do you want?
    Facebook has all the details. or they’re C+P’d below…

Being a bike-centric brewery we thought we’d put together a day that celebrates the joy of cycling. On the 10th of July we’re going to invite a few people from the bike world to join us in the Tap Room.

/// Bike Stalls : Orange Mountain Bikes, Chromag and Hope Technology will be there on the day showing off their shiny new bike technology.

/// Activities and screenings

Street Bikes Stall: A big part of the day is based around the community and family; with this in mind Street Bikes will host a stall showing off their great range of bikes for all abilities. Street Bikes are a local community based project, they operate as a non-profit organisation and rely on donations. Over the last 6 years they’ve donated over 6,000 bikes across Kirklees. During the event, people can buy reconditioned bikes direct from them and learn about all the mixed ability rides they organise across Kirklees. (http://www.streetbikes.org.uk/)

RichPips : Rich and Tom, a father and son cycling team from the Peak District will be at the festival to show their inspiring video and host a Q&A about their adventures on a tandem bike. (https://twitter.com/richpips)

RADventure: Dave and Sim, two bike riding storytellers with a passion for adventures, will be showing a premiere of their latest story and film. (http://radventure.cc/)

Roller Racing : If you’ve never tried fixed roller racing, then we can first hand say you’ve got to try it! Battle it out with a friend on a fix bike over 500 meters. We know that doesn’t sound hard but believe us when bragging rights with your mates are on the line, it can push you over the edge. Kids can take part too. Hosted by Sowerby Brothers (http://www.sowerbybroscycles.co.uk/)

Bike Doctor : Got a problem with your bike? Gears not running smoothly? Albion Cycling will be running a bike doctor to help out with any tricky mechanical issues you may have. They’ll be asking for donations to Street Bikes in return for their mechanical help (http://www.albion-cycling.co.uk/)

Raffle : No day is complete without a raffle, with a bumper selection of prizes from all of the festival’s supporters, and all proceeds being donated to Street Bikes.

/// Food & Drinks

Diamond Dogs, Honest Crust and Dim Sum Sue will be keeping you well fed, plus Blawd will be on hand to serve you tasty treats and cakes. Dark Woods filtered coffee will also be on hand to keep you refreshed.

Canned Beer : Magic Rock will be launching a new canned beer on the day (but at the current moment in time they can’t say much more about that!) Check their Twitter and Facebook feed closer to the festival date for more information.

If you like bikes, beer, food and a little bit of friendly competition then hopefully you’ll like Magic Rock’s Bike Day. The event hopes to raise a fair amount of money that will be donated to local charity, Street Bikes. So come along and support a good cause while enjoying a fun cycle-centric day out.

richpips
    Free Member

We are looking forward to being a part of this. 🙂

Dave
    Free Member

Us too Rich, see you two on Sunday

hora
    Free Member

In Huddersfield? Check
    Beer? Check
    *in*

dthom3uk

Magic Rock had the temerity to build a great brewery and superb tap room less than ten minutes from my house serving awesome ale.

Now I read this and find they are into biking as well.

Is it possible to live there?

tomhoward

Saw this on Facebook the other day, gonna pop over for a bit methinks looks good!

woody2000

I’m going 🙂

If anyone (hora?) fancies a ride beforehand, we’re setting off at 10am from the Ritz ballroom in brighouse (hd6 4ad). Couple of hours or so riding, ending up at magic rock.

aazlad
    Free Member

There’s a small group of us heading over from Saddleworth. We know the trails as far as Marsden but has anyone got any suggestions for trails linking Marsden and Huddersfield (other than the canal)? Thanks.

marc
    Free Member

@woody; that could be interesting. I guess you’ll be wobbling back too; got a route in mind?

hora
    Free Member

Woody would love to but the logistics of getting the family over from Manchester. See you at the doo though 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Links dead Dave, this is the event page

http://www.facebook.com/events/1574222769545115/

I’m currently trying to work out trains to see if I can get over, ride, drink.

woody2000

@marc – not sure of a route yet, we’ll chuck something together on the day. Probably mirfield kind of way, but we’ll see!

Hora – see you there 🙂

scuttler

Yeah baby!

Richard the owner used to post on here in the olden days. Him and his brother have had nearly as many Fives as punctures 😉

richpips
    Free Member

A bump for the evening crowd. 😉

tomhoward

Well I’m here, and it all looks jolly good! Beer is going down nicely!

marc
    Free Member

@Woody. You lads are prompt; I was there about 10:04 and you’d gone!

Still, went out for a ride and dropped in at the brewery, Very impressed; quick beer then nipped home to bring the family for pizza, hot dogs and more beer. Top day,

hora
    Free Member

We were there. Planning a trip back to get Plastered as couldn’t drink as I was driving.

There was a really nice Brian Rourke old bike there. Best one there out of everything IMO. 4.6k for a Orange is bad value.

Mugboo

Bobbed in about 4ish, it was the busiest I’ve ever seen the place (it’s always busy but never that busy!).
    Woody had not only left the Ritz eary but had clearly arrived early too…
    Love the place even more now. Still love the Grove more though

hora
    Free Member

The Grove was my ‘local’. When it was closed down years and years ago I cuddled a nice girl in there once 8) (I grew up in Springwood)

ton

roller racing with 5 pints of high wire inside me is not something i plan on doing again….. 😉

think i saw you hora…acting all cool in your shades.

tomhoward

Think I walked past you ton, on the way back towards the station, just as it started pissing down? Also did the roller facing after more pints (and food) than was strictly necessary…

Bloody good day though!

hora
    Free Member

Ton have you dropped abit of weight? Thinner ton passed me as I walked in the front door

ton

hora…you must be pissed…… 😆

richpips
    Free Member

A great day.

Always good to catch up with mates and talk about bike rides whilst swilling beer.

woody2000

Sorry Marc – we don’t tend to hang about, 10am start is a 10am start 🙂

That being said, we wait if we know people are definitely coming…….. 😉

My head hurts a bit today

marc
    Free Member

No problem, the towpath was rammed which made us a bit late.

What time were you at the Tap

woody2000

We were there about 1.30 Marc, stayed until just after 4 then wobbled home straight up Bradford/Hudds road as my brain couldn’t function to figure out the off road route back 🙂

We ride from the Ritz every Mon at 7 (prompt! 😉 ), more than welcome to join us

Dave
    Free Member

Top day out that. Big thanks to Magic Rock for the invite and hosting us.

For anyone wanting to see our film ‘GRAFT’ it’ll be on RADventure.cc next Monday with the full story.

brant
    Free Member

We’re going to be over there with records, trousers, barbers, wallets, belts, bags and great food and stuff this Sunday if anyone wants an excuse to have some awesome beer.

Dave
    Free Member

Might come over for some tasty OuttoLun.ch goodness

brant
    Free Member

Will be good to bump into you again Dave.

scuttler

With all these artisan bikes, beer, beards and strides I feel a hipster** blackhole forming in an industrial unit just off Huddersfield ring road (of all places).

** Probably not the correct term anymore but correspondents will know what I mean. I might even come down myself.

Dave
    Free Member

You can see GRAFT our story here now http://radventure.cc/graft/ Dig in…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Magic Rock Tap Bike Day – This Sunday 12 – 19.00 in Huddersfield’ is closed to new replies.