Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • magic Range Rovers can see round corners.
  • MisterT

so why is it that as a bunch of riders climbing up a country road (just wide enough for 2 cars to pass safely) they come to a RH bend in the road at the same time as a range rover comes up behind… and rather than slowing and sitting behind the bunch 'till they round the corner, he simply puts his foot down, full beam on and drives round the blind bend…..

he must have special range rover vision!

jam-bo

if it was dark then you can see an oncoming cars headlights. was there an oncoming car?

midlifecrashes

He probably had his window down while approaching, and not hearing calls of "car up!", knew it would be clear ahead.

Or he was a dick.

zokes
    Free Member

if it was dark then you can see an oncoming cars headlights. was there an oncoming car?

Sounds fair enough to me…

mrmo
    Free Member

there might not have been a car but could have been walkers, cyclists or horses, been there and seen it happen.

allthepies
    Free Member

>if it was dark then you can see an oncoming cars headlights. was there an oncoming car?

Sure sure if you can see the lights of any oncoming cyclists though (assuming joe-public styleee lights).

Edit: mrmo got there first.

ps44
    Free Member

He was driving on Edge Hill too. I have never been passed so close by a vehicle – three of us fully lit up.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Perhaps from the drivers lofty position they could see there was nothing else coming. Just a thought. Hardly the most dramatic incident in the world.

mrchrispy

maybe he was too busy worrying about the size of his c0ck to worry about on comming traffic!

jon1973
    Free Member

there's no excuse for overtaking around a blind bend in the road. Just another c**k with a big vehicle who think they own the road.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Or he was a dick.

If course he was a dick. He's driving a range rover.

MisterT

amazed by full stop. zokes. and jam bo. – how on earth do you justify such recless behaviour?

for a start, no matter how high up you are, and how bright your headlights, you cannot see round bends. you won't see oncoming cyclists, walkers, runners, horseriders (as others have said) and you certainly won't see stray sheep, stray cows that often occupy such country roads.

the fact Range Rover drivers feel so in control of the road, safe and cocooned makes them drive like c0cks…

he is a c0ck, and anyone defending his actions deserves to find him speeding towards them around a blind bend with full beams on to blind you from taking avasive action.

tomzo
    Free Member

no harm done….

jam-bo

MisterT – I didn't justify any behaviour, I asked a question that you didn't answer.

Gary_M
    Free Member

he is a c0ck, and anyone defending his actions deserves to find him speeding towards them around a blind bend with full beams on to blind you from taking evasive action.

I didn't justify his behaviour either, I said 'perhaps'. Nice to know you wish me dead for 'seeing the other side' though. It's still not a particularly dramatic incident.

I find these 'driver did something stupid, nothing happened, but I'll post anyway because I'm a drama queen' posts very immature. My own fault for reading I suppose.

Looks like it was a case of cock meets fanny in country lane.

KennySenior
    Free Member

for a start, no matter how high up you are, and how bright your headlights, you cannot see round bends. you won't see oncoming cyclists, walkers, runners, horseriders (as others have said) and you certainly won't see stray sheep, stray cows that often occupy such country roads.

yeah but you still wouldn't see these if you were on the correct side of the road would you, only difference being that they'll be coming the other way, but most of those things you mention are so slow (or stationary) that it wouldn't make much difference whether you can stop in time or avoid them once you have seen them. Cars or motorbikes are a different story, but as above they;d have lights on.

Gary_M
    Free Member

and you certainly won't see stray sheep, stray cows that often occupy such country roads

So how would you see them if you were on the right side of the road?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘magic Range Rovers can see round corners.’ is closed to new replies.