Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magic Mary will it fit?
  • joebristol

Looking at getting a magic Mary for the front of my bike for a wet / slippery FOD uplift day.

Firstly, has anyone used one with a rockshox revelation and found it has enough clearance? Wheels/forks are 650b. Rims are fairly narrow so imagine thectyre will have a fairly rounded profile one fitted. Running with inner tubes, not tubeless.

My 2nd question is which version of Mary? Can see a few shops have a cheap ‘bike park’ version, that’s really heavy. I don’t think I’d want to drag it round a xc trail but would it be ok for uplift days? Or has it got a really cheap compound of rubber that doesn’t grip well?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Good luck if you’re going to try & run a SG or bike park MM with a tube, they’re a nightmare to fit!
    The BP grip well enough, but are steel bead, so are very heavy.

lewis75
    Free Member

Im not too sure about clearance but I would stay away from using the ‘Bike `Park” version on the front. Its a different compound and not very grippy. Ive used the “Super Gravity” version on the front and its easily my favourite tyre.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SirHC

What tyre do you normally use on the front?

FYI, I ride in FOD quite a lot and Minion/High Roller EXO’s cope fine. On the uplifted tracks it doesn’t really get that muddy.

trusty

I run a Magic Mary on the front of my hardtail with revs (29er,not boost) and it fits fine. Running it on a 27mm internal rim

joebristol

I’ve currently got a 2.4″ Continental Miubtain Kinf black chilli on there. Fairly new (maybe 5 or 6 rides) and worked great at BPW and pretty well at a wet Cwmcarn. Wouldn’t say it’s amazing on wet roots though.

I probably run it with too high pressure in fairness but as a result I’ve never had a pinch puncture. Run it around 35 ish psi (according to the track pump gauge). I’ve not got a huge amount of finesse as a rider!

It’s on a 19mm inner width rim – Mavic X319 I think (whatever is standard on a Boardman Pro Fs).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magic Mary will it fit?’ is closed to new replies.