Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Magic Mary on wideish rims?
  • bowglie

Has anyone on here tried Magic Mary 2.35’s on rims with about a 30mm internal width? If so, what do you reckon – too squared off and draggy or OK? (Trying to decide whether to borrow some wider rimmed wheels for an Alpine holiday).

clubby

Ran one on 50mm Surly rim and it was fine. Made it a wee bit square but gave a maxing volume, more like a 2.5. Reckon 30mm rim would give a perfect shape to it.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Run them all year with no issues. How would I know if they are too squared off? Will I be able to tell or do I have to wait for pinkbike to tell me that they’re not suitable and I need to buy some enves?

Worried I’ve been riding them without knowing all of this time now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I use one on i29, gives a nice profile.

davosaurusrex

Run one on my 29mm internal LBs. It’s bloody great

bowglie

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds good, I’m thinking of MM up front and something like a part worn Hans Dampf or Nobby Nic rear. I like the idea of the Schwalbes on wider rims, as it looks like they’ll have a lot more volume than my Maxxis 2.3s.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I pair it up with spesh slaughter Grid on the rear, very good so far.

kiksy
    Free Member

I have 35 mm internal rims, used Magic Marys front and rear in the alps, they were great. Shape is similar to the DHF WT 2.5.

I’ve tried a few 2.3 Maxxis and they square off, tried Rock Razor and currently Hans Dampf and they have a good shape and loads of volume.

2.25 Racing Ralph blows up comically large.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Magic Mary on wideish rims?’ is closed to new replies.