Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magic Healing Creams
  • pyro9n
    Free Member

I’m a frequent crasher (shame you can’t collect points), came off again at the weekend and have some ( a load) of small cuts – normally leave them open to the air, quick wash and leave alone. Anyone got any tips on stuff to make them heal quicker. My mate swears by an industrial coating of TCP, does this actually help? I’d have thought the oxygen would help the tissue heal. The Northern in me wants to believe that fresh air is the best cure, but it might be the desire to save all my money for beer. 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

TCP is really bad IMO, the only times I’ve had cuts go septic is when I’ve used it.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Vodka, or vinegar and salt…

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

There isn’t much wrong with what you’re doing, if you have lost a fair bit of skin then seeking medical advice might be useful.

I’ve used hydrocolloid type dressings (granulex is a brand name) with good results, but these have the opposite effect of what you currently do, they promote healing using a healthy “moist” environment. Can’t recall if you can buy it over the counter though, or need a prescription.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You want a moist dressing. Hydrocolloids are my fave – duoderm extra thin or granuflex extra thin. slap it on and leave it to fester for a wqeek – a whole soup of foul goo collects under it. Take it off a week later and its all healed up beautifully. Reduces pain and scarring, speeds healing, clinally proven

Northwind

Yup, those things are amazing… Look absolutely disgusting when in action though

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magic Healing Creams’ is closed to new replies.