Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Mag Feature: Vicious Cycle (cycling and depression)
  • racefaceec90

will have to get a copy of the magazine.

chrismac

Superb article I can relate to lots of parts of it too.

TomHill
    Free Member

Thanks again for the kind words. I’m really please that so many people have been able to relate to the sentiments.

Bike riding is pretty amazing, eh!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bike riding is pretty amazing, eh!

Speaking of which, gimmie a shout about riding out over Christmas..

TomHill
    Free Member

Defo Nick. Will drop you a line on twitter

markyg
    Free Member

Wow. Its not just me then. Read it this morning and can’t quite decide how it makes me feel yet. Good to know there are others out there, shame I can’t continue to delude myself that if I just rode more everything will get better. Thank you, Tom and ST. It shows that its not just about the bike, and there aren’t many better communities than those involving two wheels.

Paceman
    Free Member

Really interesting and enlightening article, read it last night. Thank you.

6ftdiesel
    Free Member

No 78 was my first time buying Singletrack.
    I have to say that this article was brilliant. Well done Tom for writing it. I can relate to most of it and I can only imagine how difficult it was to write.
    Well done.
    Subscription to ST will be bought

Sandwich

Good stuff Tom. I’m off the anti-depressants currently but the black dog is always there waiting in the background. It’s an interesting experience dealing with wildly cycling emotions during the day. Stupid things can reduce me to tears or set off laughter.

TomHill
    Free Member

Sandwich – it is really odd trying to analyse what is going on inside your head from an “outside” perspective, isn’t it? Hope the mood swings ease, and good to hear that you are able to be off the anti-depressants for the time being. Keep going!

Tom

stever
    Free Member

Not wishing to divert from the substance of Tom’s article, but heck… I’ve a good friend who was knocked off his moped in London 5 years ago. Serious head injuries and long term consequences. He’s always been a driven character, high achiever, keen outdoorsy. But this thing knocked him right back. He’s always run a bit, but in the last couple of years taken it more seriously (and with some seriously big achievements). He bikes as well, but running’s his thing.

Anyway point being, he credits exercise with rewiring his brain, clearing the static and letting him function at a fairly normal level. It’s good for us sure, we all know that, but I think he shows that it’s deeper than that. More than just a bit of a distraction for a couple of hours.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Mag Feature: Vicious Cycle (cycling and depression)’ is closed to new replies.